The Ford order/build/deliver timeline. | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Ford order/build/deliver timeline.

Thanks Meagan , I see your reply and I replied you again with some more info, could you check the pm and track it again for me , thanks a lot

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi, Guys

Here is my last update of my order:

1. Order place: Sep-8
2. VIN number is available: Oct-14th, information from Tricia
3. Estimated build date: first week of Nov from Tricia
4. ETA: Dec 3rd information from dealer.

I wish I can get it before the Christmas.

Hi, Guys

Here is my last update of my order:

1. Order place: Sep-8
2. VIN number is available: Oct-14th, information from Tricia
3. Estimated build date: first week of Nov from Tricia
4. ETA: Dec 3rd information from dealer.

I wish I can get it before the Christmas.

Hey Iren123, I'm hoping you get yours sooner, rather than later and quite stumped on the long wait time; as I ordered my about two weeks after yours and it's looking to be on track for delivery in about 1 week or so.

Ordered Sep 23
Vin/Window sticker: approx. Oct 10
Build date: Oct 13
Currently in transit with a due date of Nov 3-8.

Hey Iren123, I'm hoping you get yours sooner, rather than later and quite stumped on the long wait time; as I ordered my about two weeks after yours and it's looking to be on track for delivery in about 1 week or so.

Ordered Sep 23
Vin/Window sticker: approx. Oct 10
Build date: Oct 13
Currently in transit with a due date of Nov 3-8.

Hi 613GT500, yours is so fast, congrats

I ordered in first week of September from a dealer in Markham, Ontario. I checked with Tricia, till now, mine is still in status IN ORDER PROCESSING, no vin number, no window sticker, no ETA, it's already 7 weeks :( :mad::mad::(

Hi 613GT500, yours is so fast, congrats

I ordered in first week of September from a dealer in Markham, Ontario. I checked with Tricia, till now, mine is still in status IN ORDER PROCESSING, no vin number, no window sticker, no ETA, it's already 7 weeks :( :mad::mad::(

Keeping my fingers crossed for no unexpected delays, as a delivery into Dec or Jan would be extremely long and painful.

My order does appear to be be moving fast, compared to many feedback from members such as yourself in this forum, but much longer than all of my previous factory orders from Lexus.

I hope your status improves quickly and suggest to push the dealership some more, as the quoted delivery of 6-8wks should be their goal and not simply leaving it "as is".

Hi, Tricia

I ordered 2016 Ford Explorer XLT AWD on Sep-22th and didn't hear anything from my dealer yet. Can you please help me check the order status? I just sent Fordservice a private message with the order number and dealer code. Thanks for your help.

Best Wishes.
Alvin

This is just a reminder to all that today is Tricia's birthday , As you all know she is one of our Ford Customer Service Reps and she has helped most of all with the updates on our vehicles orders including mine. Please wish her a Happy Birthday.
Thank you.

Happy Birthday Tricia.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Tricia! :dpchug::party:

Peter

Happy B-Day Tricia :chug:

Happy Birthday Tricia :party: I enjoy our weekly messages. Thanks and have a great Birthday!

Happy birthday, Tricia :)

Ordered my 2016 explorer xlt in the first week of September 2015
Till today Nov 3, 2015, it already 2 months,Still no vin number, no eta, no windows sticker

any suggest what I can do? I contacted dealer, but dealer mentioned they already send the order to Ford, they can only send email to ford to follow up, but it will not have any positive impact , is that true?

I wonder if ford work in Dec xmas holiday, if not, i may have to wait till next year :((

Till today Nov 3, 2015, it already 2 months,Still no vin number, no eta, no windows sticker

any suggest what I can do? I contacted dealer, but dealer mentioned they already send the order to Ford, they can only send email to ford to follow up, but it will not have any positive impact , is that true?

I wonder if ford work in Dec xmas holiday, if not, i may have to wait till next year :((

It's possible that your dealer does not have sufficient allocation to get your new XLT built on a timely schedule. Each Ford dealer is allocated a certain number of Explorers per month or quarter, based on how well the dealership performed during a previously measured time period. Typically, high-volume dealers that sell lots of Explorers are rewarded with higher allocations than smaller dealers that sell fewer Explorers. I suggest you ask your salesperson if the dealership has the "allocation" necessary to get your XLT built and delivered within a reasonable timeframe.

If it makes you feel any better I waited 3 months for mine to arrive and when it finally did it had major paint flaws. Reordered vehicle last week and even with a priority 1 status the next available build date is first week in December so for our loyal patronage to ford we got sent to the back of the line for a second time and likely won't see new vehicle until 2016. There is nothing "special" about ordering a vehicle from ford. On a positive note I get another 3 months of exchanging weekly emails with Tricia.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Send a PM to Tricia the FordService rep on this forum. She has tracked other members orders. And NO, the plant closes down for the Christmas holidays. It might be for a couple of weeks I believe.

Peter

Back