MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

The one thing that I really like about this new update just text messaging with my iPhone 6s now works through the my for touch screen

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got a first bug ysterday running 3.8. Suddenly MFT stopped playing music from USB drive. I got "Unknown Song/Unknown Artist" and current/total songs counter disapeared.
Voice commands were working, at least I was able to switch playlists ... but nothing happened. Tried another USB drive same happened. Got it working againg after master reset.
This has never happened to me before...

Did you get this on your Explorer or your Focus? Do you have Nav in both of them? Just wondering so I can keep an eye out for it. No Nav on my Focus.

Ford Explorer 2016 4x4 Platinum

My Ford touch came with the 3.8 only issue was found on predelivery Navigation had questions mark in yellow. It was repaired the next day with TSB 15-0153 not the recall 15B32. It improved other functions as well. No issues using the usb upload new screen images. The only thing is you have to use the right format. I would double check the songs are in MP3 not Apple format. I would refer to owners manual on setup of music.

Did you get this on your Explorer or your Focus? Do you have Nav in both of them? Just wondering so I can keep an eye out for it. No Nav on my Focus.

Actually, I got it on my Focus and I just recently got Navi enabled on it.
Explorer is bugs free so far.
Bug was already with Navi enabled

What's the version #

So, I went and got an oil change and ask the dealership to have sync updated because I have been really busy to do it myself. I go pick it up and ask if they did. Was told I was already up to date which I know is not correct. But what babe s the version for 3.8 when displayed on MFT and what is the version for 3.7

so, i went and got an oil change and ask the dealership to have sync updated because i have been really busy to do it myself. I go pick it up and ask if they did. Was told i was already up to date which i know is not correct. But what babe s the version for 3.8 when displayed on mft and what is the version for 3.7

3.8 = 3.08.15128
3.7 = 4.32.14122
3.7.11 = 4.32.14073

3.8 = 3.08.15128
3.7 = 4.32.14122
3.7.11 = 4.32.14073

Thank you for the response. Uploaded it tonight and looks like it works just fine. Will upload in the F150 tomorrow.

Had my first glitch with 3.8 yesterday. Shut my vehicle off and run in to the store and the radio was on XM. Come back and started the vehicle and it was attempting to play from bluetooth... Not sure what that is about, but hope it dosent happen again. My phone was connected to the vehicle, but it was not playing anything.

Ford Explorer 2016 4x4 Platinum

Hello : You might want to check out recall 15B32 it does more than fix navigation issues. It helped my phone Note 3 syc better on start up.

Hello : You might want to check out recall 15B32 it does more than fix navigation issues. It helped my phone Note 3 syc better on start up.

Already had the dealer do it. Or at least they said they did...

Problem with memory seat after update 3.8

I have a 16 Limited and I just updated to 3.8 today. I really shouldn't do it as I suspected there might come glitch and it really did.

Anyway the issue I have after updating is when starting the vehicle the memory seat will not return to previous position before shutting off. However it does retract every time after I shutting down the engine. So basically after each power on and off cycle, the driver seat is moving further and further away from steering wheel. I have to manually press saved siting position very time before driving now.

My issue was definitely appeared right after the update. Does anyone experienced similar issue and is there something that I need to reset?

I have a 16 Limited and I just updated to 3.8 today. I really shouldn't do it as I suspected there might come glitch and it really did.

Anyway the issue I have after updating is when starting the vehicle the memory seat will not return to previous position before shutting off. However it does retract every time after I shutting down the engine. So basically after each power on and off cycle, the driver seat is moving further and further away from steering wheel. I have to manually press saved siting position very time before driving now.

My issue was definitely appeared right after the update. Does anyone experienced similar issue and is there something that I need to reset?

MFT has nothing to do with that. Perhaps you need the TSB for the easy entry/exit done.

Also I cannot "Confirm Update", when I click on the button at web page it just shows same content as "What's in this update?", so there is no way to proceed.

I also tried to repeat the 4 steps process and use "Select file" button and it allows me to chose the XML file but nothing happened after pressing "Open".

I use Chrome browser. Sigh, problem problem problem.

Also I cannot "Confirm Update", when I click on the button at web page it just shows same content as "What's in this update?", so there is no way to proceed.

I also tried to repeat the 4 steps process and use "Select file" button and it allows me to chose the XML file but nothing happened after pressing "Open".

Do a vehicle health report and that will update it. Oh wait your in canada....so you don't have that right?

After logging into your account, try reporting it from this link, bj6395:

https://owner.ford.com/tools/accoun...oftware-version.html?step=prepare-sa#/prepare

If it still won't allow you to upload the file, please download the verification tool at that same link to report the install.

Let me know how it goes!

Rebecca

The one thing that I really like about this new update just text messaging with my iPhone 6s now works through the my for touch screen

I was hoping that I will be able to reply to the Text Messages with my IPhone 5S with 3.8 SYNC update, but no :thumbdwn:. Seems like 5S is not supported. Blackberry Phones integrated so damn well.

Had my first glitch with 3.8 yesterday. Shut my vehicle off and run in to the store and the radio was on XM. Come back and started the vehicle and it was attempting to play from bluetooth... Not sure what that is about, but hope it dosent happen again. My phone was connected to the vehicle, but it was not playing anything.

Had the glitch again today. This time it was on HD radio when I shut the vehicle off, and when I got back in and started it, it started playing music from my phone through Bluetooth. My phone was in my pocket and not playing anything when I got in the vehicle. Not sure why this is happening but would be nice if it would stop.

Ford IVT Team do you have any suggestions???

After logging into your account, try reporting it from this link, bj6395:

https://owner.ford.com/tools/accoun...oftware-version.html?step=prepare-sa#/prepare

If it still won't allow you to upload the file, please download the verification tool at that same link to report the install.

Let me know how it goes!

Rebecca

I had the same problem as BJ and this worked, so I wanted to thank Rebecca.

So far, I'm very unhappy only because, while the Siri integration is pretty cool and I don't (or I should say 'didn't' since I do now) use Siri on my phone, I find myself using it in my Ex much more frequently. The reason I'm unhappy is because it has removed my text message ability from my iPhone 5s. I did have it before the update, though from what I've heard, it's not compatible. For some reason, mine was.

I just recently got the iPhone 6s, and I see someone upthread said theirs works with text, so I'll have to see the next time I get in the Ex.

I'll keep you updated.

I had the same problem as BJ and this worked, so I wanted to thank Rebecca.

So far, I'm very unhappy only because, while the Siri integration is pretty cool and I don't (or I should say 'didn't' since I do now) use Siri on my phone, I find myself using it in my Ex much more frequently. The reason I'm unhappy is because it has removed my text message ability from my iPhone 5s. I did have it before the update, though from what I've heard, it's not compatible. For some reason, mine was.

I just recently got the iPhone 6s, and I see someone upthread said theirs works with text, so I'll have to see the next time I get in the Ex.

I'll keep you updated.

We have 2 5s's and they both work in our explorer and our focus with v3.8. when you add your 6 remember to "allow notifications" on your phone. If you can't get it to work let us know. It will absolutely work, I promise you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the 6S and the text messaging capability does work

Back