• Register Today It's free!

SYNC and MapQuest

Bohunk

Reaction score
City, State
Glen Ellyn, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Platinum
What's up? I updated my SYNC to Gen2-V3.8 and cannot get destinations from MapQuest. Not using Google or IE, but Mozilla. Any thoughts? :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No "error message" only the spinning icon on MapQuest that will not connect

Same here

I noticed the same thing this week. I though it was tied to me using a B6 navigation SD.

Sorry but what is GEN-version and how do i find out what GEN I have?

Hey Bohunk!

Are you receiving an error message on MFT or MapQuest when you try to get directions?

Rebecca

Here's the error when trying to send from MapQuest:

"SYNC Authentication. Unable to verify secure connection, you may not be able to login"

It's on MapQuest, just a spinning circle and the message.

What's up? I updated my SYNC to Gen2-V3.8 and cannot get destinations from MapQuest. Not using Google or IE, but Mozilla. Any thoughts? :(

If you have a smart phone use the app Ford SYNC Destinations. Works great for sending destinations to your nav.

AZwoodman, to find your version, on the home screen press settings, then in the next screen the help button, the next screen shows your information and the 3rd line your software version (for my 2011 it is 3.08.15128-newer vehicles will probably be version 4. something). You can also call it up on your vehicle page on My Ford Touch Website.

Lewisra: I doubt my 2011 has the App Link feature and I also have My Ford Touch, which I don't think is compatble.

Thanks, everyone! I have reported this issue to my support. I'll let you all know once I hear back from them.

Lewisra: I doubt my 2011 has the App Link feature and I also have My Ford Touch, which I don't think is compatble.

You can use SYNC Destinations with MFT too. It's basically an extension of your SYNC Services account and works the same as MapQuest. :)

Rebecca

As Rebecca said, doesn't use applink. It may not work if your sync services account isn't up to date. We have MFT as well. Try it. I use it all the time to send directions for my directionally challenged wife. ;)

Thanks, I'll down load it and try. But, the MapQuest issue remains a puzzle.

Sync Destinations

I down loaded this app on my android phone and it seems to work quite well around town, haven't used it on the road yet.

Downloaded the Ford Sync App and it works great. Sends to Explorer just fine and has some neat features. Thanx for the tip.

Hey guys!

Please try to use MapQuest Send to SYNC again. Everything should be up and running again.

Rebecca

Not for me.

"SYNC Authentication. Unable to verify secure connection, you may not be able to login"

It's on MapQuest, just a spinning circle and the message.

Ditto for me. Same as LEWISRA posts, spinning wheel and not sent.

Hey again!

I just heard back from my support. MapQuest is aware and working on the issue; however, they may discontinue the Send to SYNC option from their website. We currently do not have any additional details, but I'll do my best to keep you posted about this.

Rebecca

Hey again!

I just heard back from my support. MapQuest is aware and working on the issue; however, they may discontinue the Send to SYNC option from their website. We currently do not have any additional details, but I'll do my best to keep you posted about this.

Rebecca

Yeah, send to SYNC does not exist on the "new" version of mapquest, you have to use classic.mapquest.com to get it to not work.:eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All this talk of mapquest makes me wish that Google Maps and Ford would go back to playing nice with each other.
Mapquest SUCKS.

Back