MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

After pairing the phone three separate times, I no longer got the "texting via Bluetooth is not supported," however it will not send text messages. I either get an instant "message send failed," or in the corner where it would usually say "Wayne's iPhone Connected" it says "sending message." The message never gets sent, though. Technology can be very frustrating.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After pairing the phone three separate times, I no longer got the "texting via Bluetooth is not supported," however it will not send text messages. I either get an instant "message send failed," or in the corner where it would usually say "Wayne's iPhone Connected" it says "sending message." The message never gets sent, though. Technology can be very frustrating.

On the iPhone use Siri to send texts. MFT send doesn't work with the iPhone.

Thanks, Lew. But that's why I don't like this update.

On second thought, I can't guarantee that texting worked before the update come to think of it. I know I could RECEIVE texts, but I honestly can't remember ever sending one. Maybe I couldn't send in the previous incarnation either. Still it stinks that we have the latest phones, latest version of MFT, and we still can't use all the functions the vehicle came with because we're "Apple." And Ford has already said when they have the platform that will support those products, the current owners will not be able to upgrade and it will only be in new vehicles. Makes me glad I leased instead of purchased.

Thanks, Lew. But that's why I don't like this update.

On second thought, I can't guarantee that texting worked before the update come to think of it. I know I could RECEIVE texts, but I honestly can't remember ever sending one. Maybe I couldn't send in the previous incarnation either. Still it stinks that we have the latest phones, latest version of MFT, and we still can't use all the functions the vehicle came with because we're "Apple." And Ford has already said when they have the platform that will support those products, the current owners will not be able to upgrade and it will only be in new vehicles. Makes me glad I leased instead of purchased.

If it makes you feel any better it won't send text with android phones either...

If it makes you feel any better it won't send text with android phones either...

While it makes me feel a little better in that it's not just Apple products being blocked, it doesn't make me feel better about Ford as a whole because that suggests that the only way to use all the features of their infotainment system you cannot have two of the most popular OS's in the United States. It just makes me shake my head considering all of the options for keeping in contact in the vehicle won't work.

While it makes me feel a little better in that it's not just Apple products being blocked, it doesn't make me feel better about Ford as a whole because that suggests that the only way to use all the features of their infotainment system you cannot have two of the most popular OS's in the United States. It just makes me shake my head considering all of the options for keeping in contact in the vehicle won't work.
Does the phone work through the vehicle's Bluetooth for phone calls?
That's all I ever use or need to stay in touch.

Peter

Just push button. Wait for Siri and say send text to......

Send does work with some android phones, at least the ones I owned. I used it to reply to texts. Can't remember if I ever initiated a new text.

I did the update, text messages were working before the update, they still work now. Don't know about sending a text through MFT, never tried that, see no reason for doing so. Using iPhone 6 with latest IOS.

TB

Did the update this weekend and like the fact I only have 1 woman to deal with in my car (Siri)

The key is to hold the 'voice' button for a few seconds - that will bypass the 'sync chick' :) and go straight to Siri. Once there all of your IOS functions should be as normal (i.e. Siri - read my text messages, etc)

Had the glitch again today. This time it was on HD radio when I shut the vehicle off, and when I got back in and started it, it started playing music from my phone through Bluetooth. My phone was in my pocket and not playing anything when I got in the vehicle. Not sure why this is happening but would be nice if it would stop.

Ford IVT Team do you have any suggestions???

What phone do you have, TinMan4154, and which app is the music coming from?

I had the same problem as BJ and this worked, so I wanted to thank Rebecca.

You're welcome!

It sounds like you may be trying to text via MyFord Touch. Unfortunately, the iPhone does not allow you to reply to a text via SYNC. Please try pressing on the VOICE button for 3 seconds to activate Siri, and then send your response that way. Let me know how it goes!

Rebecca

What phone do you have, TinMan4154, and which app is the music coming from?

You're welcome!

It sounds like you may be trying to text via MyFord Touch. Unfortunately, the iPhone does not allow you to reply to a text via SYNC. Please try pressing on the VOICE button for 3 seconds to activate Siri, and then send your response that way. Let me know how it goes!

Rebecca

Rebecca,

I have the Samsung S6 and it is playing with the phones "Music" app which I am thinking is just a google or Samsung app. I have disabled the music Bluetooth option and hoping that will fix it, but thinking it will not since the explorer is switching to Bluetooth for entertainment for some reason...

Does the phone work through the vehicle's Bluetooth for phone calls?
That's all I ever use or need to stay in touch.

Peter

Yes it does Peter, however it would be nice to get a call and be able to click on one of the auto replies to respond when you can't talk. Unfortunately my boss relies heavily on a quick text as opposed to a call which is the only reason I would prefer that. Overall I like it, and now with Siri I can respond that way. What I found odd was the MFT has the functionalities for sending texts apparently as its a choice in the phone screen, but doesn't seem to work for anyone's phone. Just a little unusual to me is all.

Oh and happy birthday! Thanks for your input all the time on a wide variety of topics. It is appreciated.

I updated my Sync2 (3.8). but used the wrong file. now my voice in another language. install new software will not. system says "latest software is installed"
Is there a way to force the update?
The display language is good. But the voice not. Dutch language is not possible.

I updated my Sync2 (3.8). but used the wrong file. now my voice in another language. install new software will not. system says "latest software is installed"
Is there a way to force the update?
The display language is good. But the voice not. Dutch language is not possible.

I don't know, Koga, it seems to me you'll just have to learn to speak Dutch. No other alternative. :D

Seriously, I'm sure Rebecca can help sort it out. Don't get those language books just yet.

I don't know, Koga, it seems to me you'll just have to learn to speak Dutch. No other alternative. :D

Seriously, I'm sure Rebecca can help sort it out. Don't get those language books just yet.
Dutch is not the problem i speak Dutch,but the problem is the voice language that's in English that sounds to me Welsh :D
The menu is in Dutch but the voice only in Englisch ,German ect... not Dutch.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dutch is not the problem i speak Dutch,but the problem is the voice language that's in English that sounds to me Welsh :D
The menu is in Dutch but the voice only in Englisch ,German ect... not Dutch.

If you can't get this resolved let me know and I can help.

Back