help needed for replacement engine | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

help needed for replacement engine

TyMeyer79

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 ford explorer sport
Hey I have a 2001 sports trac, my engine is blown. I am trying to get a replacement engine. I would like Some advice on where to purchase one. Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've had great success with car-part.com -- it's an online searchable access to many (a great many) breakers yards inventories.

Plug in what you want, where you want it and let the date base do the work.

You might start at car-parts.com. That is a parts search engine for wreaking yards all over the country. Link down to your specific engine and you should get a hundred or so to choose from.

Or . . . call a local yard and ask them to help you find one. They have on-line search capability much like the car-parts service.

Thank you for your advice. what I've been looking for is a remanufactured engine. Can anyone advise the best place for those?

Hey I have a 2001 sports trac, my engine is blown. I am trying to get a replacement engine. I would like Some advice on where to purchase one. Thank you
Engineguy.com has some reasonable Crate engines , 100K warr. where im going to get mine after it goes :thumbsup:

Back