Moving On... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moving On...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I remember that one, what an epic.

I finally found someone to buy the car. They came to pick it up and the alternator gave out. I am so happy to be getting rid of this car.

Did you have to drop in price?
Bob T
:usa:

Yes, I took $200 off.

Well that was not too bad then.
I have my 2005 XLS 4.0 2wd for sale and can't get a bite on it at $4000 and it only has 114000 on it.
Bob T

Well that was not too bad then.
I have my 2005 XLS 4.0 2wd for sale and can't get a bite on it at $4000 and it only has 114000 on it.
Bob T
I was pretty lucky to get my 2002 XLT v8 for $3500 with 82,000 on it. That was back in 2010 at the end of the summer when gas was $5 a gallon. The dealer gave me another $300 for my 1991 explorer that I really didn't think was going to make it to the dealership. I was saying to my self all the way there, "If I don't buy this truck I'm going to look at, I'm probably walking home".

I have put a fair amount into it since then. Other than the battery, brakes, and exhaust stuff, I have replaced 2 axles, both front wheel bearings, both front UCAs, one coil, gear oil, rear struts, and all the sway bar links. I really don't think that's too bad over 5 years. I am up to 140,000 now and I haven't had to do anything major to the engine or transmission. The torque converter has sounded like a box of marbles ever since I got it, but I don't plan on doing anything about that. I usually figure about $500 a year for repairs, but that is still way better than a monthly payment as far as I'm concerned.

I might start to feel differently when it starts leaving me on the side of the road.

LMHmedchem

Truck is gone, new owner (#8) picked it up today. I got my money, paid off the timing chain, and have cash left over for the lease. All is good.

After all the trouble you've recently went through, plus the $$$, it's surprising you bought another Ford. Anyway, good luck, I've heard Mexicans make the Fusion well.

Ya coulda went with a GM where you get a free fire extinguisher with your purchase, or a Dodge and hope your air bag dont go off when you close the door.

I feel your pain, we can't wait to get rid of our 05.That thing is a total POS, we have to do countless major repairs on this pile of junk. The problem here is I couldn't sell it to anybody and have a clear consious about it. Maybe I will get lucky and somebody will steal it.

Just a quick update...All is well with the Fusion, I miss the truck a little bit; however, I do not regret the Fusion lease. The Fusion is a great car, I just got the windows tinted which completes the look.

Attachments

• IMG_0337.jpg
    IMG_0337.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 325

I'll never buy a front wheel drive car.

http://www.rearwheeldrive.org/rwd/rwdlist.html

If I were to get a sedan it'd probably be a BMW or a Dodge Charger or Caddy CTS-V.

I got my Exp because I've had cars my whole life and got sick of never being able to haul or tow anything.

Just a quick update...All is well with the Fusion, I miss the truck a little bit; however, I do not regret the Fusion lease. The Fusion is a great car, I just got the windows tinted which completes the look.

Excellent, Tyleryac ... didn't I say the Mexicans built the Fusion well LOL :D

Not too shabby!

My Fusion is AWD

ok? AWD is still one wheel drive when there is no traction control/lockers. Has a transverse mounted engine thus a weak drive to the rear just like the new ruined Explorers.

I guess I should of said I'll never buy a transverse engine vehicle.

Dodge Charger, Caddy CTS, Chrysler 300, and most BMW & Mercedes, all offer normal mounted engines with a AWD option.

I also moved on. Kept putting money into this truck hoping to get a couple of years out of it, but at 150,000, the transmission started slipping on the 2-3 upshift. Not sure what was going on but decided to trade it off while I could still drive it. Got $2,000 on a trade for a 2016 Tacoma. No timing chain issues in my future and besides, I'd never had a new car for me, those always went to the ex wife.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

me too, thinking of replacing it with a BMW X5.. hated the repair costs on explorers and so many things failing.

Ha if you think repair costs for an Explorer are high then a Bimmer is going to be mind blowing.

Back