• Register Today It's free!

Headlight conversion

LedZeppelin

Reaction score
City, State
South Windsor, Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
I'm considering purchasing this for my 2013 Explorer XLT. Being an auto novice, what are your thoughts on this conversion kit. Groupon purchase will be $100 installed. Does it appear that everything needed to complete the job correctly is included? Thanks!

http://www.canyouhearit.com/index_files/Page404.htm

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

HID's are easy to install for your headlights as well as your fog lights. I have installed both and got my kits from DDM tuning.

Night driving is 100% better with the HIDs. You will not regret converting. Also, the 35 Watt kits are wonderful and IMO the 55 watt kits are overkill.

HID's are easy to install for your headlights as well as your fog lights. I have installed both and got my kits from DDM tuning.

Night driving is 100% better with the HIDs. You will not regret converting. Also, the 35 Watt kits are wonderful and IMO the 55 watt kits are overkill.

what kit did you get?

I have been searching for hid conversion kits and can't seem to find anything except DiodeDynamics. There are a ton of 9005 single beam kits for cheap. I can't imagine there are no other high and low beam kits out there.
Anyone have any luck with other brands? Links?

Also, found led is the new thing. From what I've read they get too hot for our housings and of course only single beam.

I have been searching for hid conversion kits and can't seem to find anything except Diode Dynamics. There are a ton of 9005 single beam kits for cheap. I can't imagine there are no other high and low beam kits out there.
Anyone have any luck with other brands? Links?

Also, found led is the new thing. From what I've read they get too hot for our housings and of course only single beam.
Welcome to the Forum. :wavey:
There is all kinds of information on conversions in the 'Modified' section where I'm moving your thread. You can also use the Forum's 'Search' function to narrow the threads you are looking for.

Peter

Sorry, I thought that was just for modified Sport models.

Sorry, I thought that was just for modified Sport models.
Might be a little misleading but that part is for tuning the Sport Ecoboost engine which is now also in the Platinum.

Peter

Back