• Register Today It's free!

Modifying 2001 northface

Langley91

Reaction score
City, State
Bristol uk
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 ford explorer northf
Can anyone help, id like to start modding my ex an apart from info from the states ive seen very little onfo on UK trucks.

Id like:
Tuning/ performance
Suspension lift
Body lift
Bigger tyres

But id like to maintian stock suspension and preferably do it all myself.

So any info would be great.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Our trucks are the basically the same as the US ones apart from standard air shocks at the rear and being RHD.

You can use longer shackles in the rear to get about 2" of lift and it's possible to adjust the torsion bars at the front to give them similar lift.

If you raise the car and it has air suspension you will also need to add an extension piece the the suspension switch or you will keep getting the warning light. wouldnt add performance mods unless you know the history of the engine! For the UK anyway they have enough poke!

At one time you could get a Supercharger Kit from the States, but its hard to find them now! They also didn't recommend them for engines with more than 80,000 miles.
I think our engines are sluggish compared to today's modern motors and would be great if we could have another 20 - 30 bhp.

I would be looking on Mustang forums as some of them run the same engine.

May be able to get off the shelf mods that fit like intakes, exhaust manifolds, cams and even management

Back