Tuning options for 2016 Sport??? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tuning options for 2016 Sport???

[MENTION=289850]16Sport[/MENTION],

Just because I say that I would do after going through all of the other normal troubleshooting steps if it were my vehicle is far from a ringing endorsement to go and do it. I would have flashed it back to stock LONG before anything else. The fact of the matter is that there are absolutely no trouble codes produced tuned or stock.

The tune ran fine until you added a different fueling option.

We said to replace plugs, and after that was unsuccessful, load a lesser tune.

You decided to take advice from someone that stands to profit from you doing extra labor.

We did not tell you that you need replace anything else until taking it to a Ford dealer to have the vehicle's systems looked at with the stock tune loaded.

Again, tunes do not just stop working over time. They work or they don't. Just like any other piece of electronics. Your tune was perfectly fine, until like you said in emails and on the forum, you added a different fueling source that you received advice from a fuel vendor. Notice a trend? The people that would make a dollar are the ones that are giving you advice on what else to buy from them. We on the other hand, are telling you to take your vehicle in to the dealership for them to investigate using your warranty. That does not make us a single penny. We are trying to help, but you are ignoring our advice. There is nothing that we can do if you refuse to adhere to what we say.

As stated everything is being put back to stock. Ive already been to the Ford dealer and they did a 1 hour test and scan on my explorer. they assure me that with no stored codes or running issues the vehicle is fine. They are more than willing to fix any issues under warranty if they existed.
They didnt try to profit or sell me anything.
The local shop replaced my injectors only when i showed them your forum post "problem solved" and it was stated fuel had caused damage. Since he is a friend he sold me the parts at cost and has charged me roughly half the labor he has invested. He is more concerned about getting the problem fixed than making a profit.
Vp racing told me the fuel would work fine after it was purchased and used, and after your company stated it would cause damage. They had nothing to gain at that point. Fuel is what they do and i find it hard to believe they dont know of the issues you claim it has on the Ecoboost?
Did the tune ever work correctly? Who knows for sure? As i stated before it was the first time Id run it on the highway. So if it was an issue from the start Id never know til the day I left for the track. The fuel may have never played a part at all.
you say you offer advice but i dont take it. But i did replace the plugs not once but twice on your recommendation. Ive also tried the stock tune which eliminates the problems and ive been to the dealer for diagnostics. At one time or another ive done everything you requested. Ive tried calling you directly but nobody wants to discuss this over the phone past 30 seconds. Alot of confusion and misleading emails could be filtered over a 5 minute phone conversation...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LMS, does the tune void factory warranty? Does it set any detectable flag when taking in for service after flashing back to the factory tune?

How many lbs of boost does a sport/platinum run stock vs your tune?

What does the 3 BAR MAP sensor do? Is the tune providing more pressure than the factory 1 BAR sensor can read?

Is the thermostat a DIY project? Very capable DIY mechanic but havent even looked under the hood yet on the new ride.

I think the thing that concerns me the most is the transmission reprogramming. It is the wifeys ride. She is not opposed to the tune up but doesn't want much changed with the factory feeling of her 2016 Platinum, which I must say, shifts pretty damn smooth. Not sure how much different the Sport vs Platinum is stock, but I do want to make sure the "smoothness" is maintained especially low speed putting around which she does alot of up here in our small town.

OK, on to bolt ons......

down pipe with cats; would this fail a vehicle inspection? I am in NC and we get annual inspections, not sure what they look for or if they test emmissions, but just curious.

Cat back; do you have plans to make a kit that would fit in the Platinum bumper exhaust "holes"? the tips of the corsa kit look to big to fit. i have a competant shop near me that i assume could cut the Corsa tips and put stainless tubing, but......

air filter; does the 2013-2015 fit the 2016?

have you ever dynoed a Sport with downpipe, catback, tstat, MAP, Air Filter, and tune? if so, what were the results?

LMS, does the tune void factory warranty? Does it set any detectable flag when taking in for service after flashing back to the factory tune?

Any modification that like that you make like that needs to be explained to the ECU. So "tuning" is the correct way to do so. We have tuned hundreds of S550's without failure. If you have to make an oil change trip to the dealer or something just flash it back to stock, easy peasy! Your MyCal holds you stock file at all times as well as upto 4 custom tune files.

http://www.semasan.com/semaga/images/warranty_ftc.pdf

http://www.bipac.net/page.asp?content=warranty_consumer&g=semaga

What is the aversion to tuning? If you ever make a trip into the dealership just plug your MyCal tuner in and load your stock tune! They can do whatever updating that they want to and then you can reload your tune.

How many lbs of boost does a sport/platinum run stock vs your tune?

What does the 3 BAR MAP sensor do? Is the tune providing more pressure than the factory 1 BAR sensor can read?

Typically, we keep boost, timing, etc...within ~2% of stock on all of our tuning.

The 3BAR MAP sensor allows us to take full advantage of all of the boost that the platform makes. Even completely stock your car "wastes" boost, as it makes spikes of more than 14.9PSI. 14.9PSI is the limitation of what your stock 2BAR MAP sensor car read. By utilizing a sensor that has the same capabilities as the sensor that is located at the throttle body we are able to exploit the power that the powerplant makes stock in our tuning. This is why we are able to keep the performance parameters that we adjust fairly conservative.

Is the thermostat a DIY project? Very capable DIY mechanic but havent even looked under the hood yet on the new ride.

ABSOLUTELY! It takes longer to burp the coolant system after you do the install than it will to do the swap itself.

I think the thing that concerns me the most is the transmission reprogramming. It is the wifeys ride. She is not opposed to the tune up but doesn't want much changed with the factory feeling of her 2016 Platinum, which I must say, shifts pretty damn smooth. Not sure how much different the Sport vs Platinum is stock, but I do want to make sure the "smoothness" is maintained especially low speed putting around which she does alot of up here in our small town.

The platform as a whole, as well as most modern cars, all have an adaptive learning transmission. Meaning that it learns your driving habits as you are rolling down the open road. If you drive like the lovechild of Tony Stewart and Helen Keller the car will respond accordingly. If you drive it like it's your great grandma's '35 Buick it will be nice and soft. So if she keeps the pedal off of the floor the car will play nice...if she nails it, she will reap the benefits of our tuning and blow by traffic like they're standing still.

OK, on to bolt ons......

down pipe with cats; would this fail a vehicle inspection? I am in NC and we get annual inspections, not sure what they look for or if they test emmissions, but just curious.

Cat back; do you have plans to make a kit that would fit in the Platinum bumper exhaust "holes"? the tips of the corsa kit look to big to fit. i have a competant shop near me that i assume could cut the Corsa tips and put stainless tubing, but......

air filter; does the 2013-2015 fit the 2016?

have you ever dynoed a Sport with downpipe, catback, tstat, MAP, Air Filter, and tune? if so, what were the results?

Any and all modifications to a catalyst will fail all emissions testing.

Our Thunderstorm catback exhaust does fit the 2016, with a caveat. You either have to cut the exhaust tips short to accommodate the newer style tips, or you have to ditch the beauty panel on the bumper and keep the rounded exhaust tips.

All of our parts for the first generation of XSport fit the new 2016 XSport. The 2016 XSport actually makes more power than the 13-15! The difference between the new 16 tuning is a exactly an additional 17AWHP and 24AWHP!

What are the boost differences between stock and your tune at the rpm where the peak difference in torque occurs? I am sure it is more than 2%. 14.9 stock and 2% more would be 15.2 tuned. I will guess that you mean peak vs peak and the stock tune doesn't give it that much boost down low where you guys get your biggest increases.
Do you have a stock dyno run which plots boost vs rpm? I would love to see that, especially if it had the tuned plot on there too with boost.

Does the transmission shift firmer at 50% throttle with your tune? I need it smooth or the wife will be pissed. Get rid of torque management, but keep the trans parameters smooth. I am guessing torque management closes the throttle and retards the timing on the shifts.

Does your tune apply power to the rear wheels more aggressively? The sooner it gets to 50/50 torque split front to rear the less torque steer will be felt.

this is just curiousity here, but how will the down pipes with cats fail emissions? I dont see how the difference in the diameter of a pipe can cause the test to fail. are saying any tampering period will cause for failure if visually inspected? would it pass the actual meter in the pipe test?

What are the boost differences between stock and your tune at the rpm where the peak difference in torque occurs? I am sure it is more than 2%. 14.9 stock and 2% more would be 15.2 tuned. I will guess that you mean peak vs peak and the stock tune doesn't give it that much boost down low where you guys get your biggest increases.
Do you have a stock dyno run which plots boost vs rpm? I would love to see that, especially if it had the tuned plot on there too with boost.

So here you are assuming that the car only makes 14.9#s. If you read my prior response you will see that I said that the car wastes boost on the stock 2BAR MAP sensor. This means that the car makes MORE than 14.9#s of boost. The STOCK XSport makes spikes north of 15.9#s. So the 3BAR MAP sensor allows us to use that PLUS the 2%! You will see that those tuned numbers make sense. At 16.3-16.8#s the numbers that I gave you are right on point. We do FAR more than just add boost. With our PROPRIETARY tuning software we have more access to the platform's ECM than anyone else. That is why we have more support, accomplish things nobody else does and offer more parts support. There are over 18k tables in the ECM of the XSport, and we know which ones to alter so your car runs at its peak efficiency.

Does the transmission shift firmer at 50% throttle with your tune? I need it smooth or the wife will be pissed. Get rid of torque management, but keep the trans parameters smooth. I am guessing torque management closes the throttle and retards the timing on the shifts.

The shifting logic is revised in our tuning to make shifting more accurate and efficient at all throttle positions. We also do NOT deactivate the TQ MGT systems. That would be insanely dangerous! We quiet the intervention and frequency of the safeties, but there is never a situation that we completely turn them off. We would never do something that irresponsible in our custom tuning. This is another reason why we have the reputation and spotless record that we do.

Does your tune apply power to the rear wheels more aggressively? The sooner it gets to 50/50 torque split front to rear the less torque steer will be felt.

The power application is all controlled by the limitations of the AWD system. It is not a true AWD system, as there is ALWAYS a FWD bias.

this is just curiousity here, but how will the down pipes with cats fail emissions? I dont see how the difference in the diameter of a pipe can cause the test to fail. are saying any tampering period will cause for failure if visually inspected? would it pass the actual meter in the pipe test?

By the letter of the EPA's law, any type of modification to a catalyst or its positioning will result in noncompliance. So because we are using a lower cell count race catalyst that is also in a different location VS stock it is not emissions legal. All of our parts are annotated for offroad use only.

SSI is changing their name again! I searched again the other day and I could not find all of the bad stuff you guys are referring to. I wish the My Calibrator would datalog, so I could at least see what is going on stock vs the tune, and also when something does go wrong and you need to troubleshoot it. I will need to add a datalogger to the cost of the Livernois solution.

How many different tunes does Livernois offer? Are there set tunes to choose from or can you specify what you want and get a custom tune? I just see 91 and 93 performance and tow. We have 87, 89, nd 91 in Cali. I would like the 91 performance tune and a more mild version of that tune that would not have the shifts too firm or push the motor too much. If it shifts too firmly, my wife will be pissed and claim that I wrecked her car! I want to be able to accelerate hard and still have a smooth shift. It needs to last forever so I don't want to stress it too much.

Good posts Need A Cage. There is some transition going on now with name, etc. Yes we have more control over these platforms than anyone else and that inst even debatable. This is what makes the tunes custom. There are 2 more popular performance tunes, a SSi1 and a SSi2, and transmission shifting strategies of also TS1 and TS2 because everyone is a little bit different. Even from that standpoint changes are easily made for any little specific tweaks you may like to make it the way you want it. The tunes are made to drive like and feel like an electric vehicle and we have done just that. Smooth, linear, NO LAG power, and better mpgs. 1 size doesn't fit all.

Now on to data logging. Data logging is not only important, it is absolutely critical and necessary and you cant get our SSi4, or a race tune without a log. We have to be absolutely certain that everything is optimized. We don't want to leave a bunch of the table nor do we want to be too aggressive. If you can not data log you are flying blind..Period. You can have 5 vehicles with all the same strategy, same everything and guess what?..They Will Not All Tune The Same. Any rookie tuner should know this. Some will give a little more boost, some not enough. Some will eat up timing and beg for more and some wont be so tolerant. Our base tunes are really in about the middle of the road to start with depending on strategy, region, and location. So to optimize any ecoboost you have to be able to data log. I guess you could throw out some weak tunes and just call it a day, however that isnt really doing well by the customer and I know ours wouldn't stand for it. This why data logging is extremely important. If you cant data log then you get what you get. Man I see some posts about data logging that kind of reminds me of a shell game. :scratch: Ill tell you that numbers and logs don't lie and that is a fact. Just like road tuned and DATA LOGGED vehicles crush dyno queens in drivability, mpgs, and at the track. Did I mention the TRACK? :salute: This isnt 2002 when the dyno ruled. Welcome to 2010 plus.

Data logging is absolutely necessary so don't listen to anyone who tries to insinuate that 2+2 doesn't always equal 4. It always does. Dont try to over complicate things because it doesn't need to be. Educate and empower the customer. They then make your job easier. Dont confuse them with nonsense because you cant log.

When it comes to aftermarket parts for your ecos. You are mostly wasting your money, period. If you like the way it looks or sounds then it is of value. Dont expect much from performance and NO, 90% of the time you do not need a tune change. A bigger intercooler yes. Everything else. No, not really. There is some reality for you from Bone stock vehicles that outperform all these modded ones all day long. Dont get sucked into being "Up Sold" junk by parts dealers.

Custom tunes means the way you ask for it or else its canned. Like oatmeal.

I hope this is enlightening.

Yes, it is and is exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for posting on here. I'll give you a call when I finally buy one. We need to do it this time. It shows up at the dealership in 2 weeks. Our 02's trans is on its way out, so we can't wait for better incentives. We should have bought the one we drove in June because they're $500 more in incentives. Now it will take longer to be able to afford the tuner! I definitely want to break it in first and baseline it stock at the drag strip and find any early warranty issues before the tune. I definitely want a smooth shifter for the wife because she told me I am not allowed to modify it.

Yes we have more control over these platforms than anyone else and that inst even debatable.

[MENTION=296719]socaldiablo[/MENTION], I would love to debate this claim. If this were remotely close to being an accurate statement then why is it that you cannot make claim to the following:

In 2009, before anyone had software, we were tuning the SHO and MKS.

In 2011, we were tuning the F-150 Eco before other companies could even flash it. We were the first again

In 2012, we were tuning the 2013 SHO while other software wasn't out for 6-8 months later

In 2012, we were tuning the Explorer Sport, almost a full year and a half before anyone else.

First to tune the 2.0L Fusion

First to tune the 1.5L Fusion

First to tune the 1.6L Fusion

First to tune the 2.0 Escape

First to tune the 1.6 Escape

First with upgraded turbo's

First with Downpipes

First with Methanol kits

First to offer 3-bar tuning

First 600whp EcoBoost Dyno captured on video

Highest HP EcoBoost Engine on the planet

Quickest Taurus SHO in the 1/4 mile

Fastest Taurus SHO in the 1/4 mile

First tune only 12 second Taurus SHO

First 11 second Taurus SHO

First 12 second F150

First 12 second Explorer Sport

First 11 second EcoBoost Mustang

You are correct [MENTION=296719]socaldiablo[/MENTION], numbers do not lie...I guess our "oatmeal" is pretty good ;-)

First to tune 2015 Expedition / Navigator

First to tune 2015 3.5L F-150 EcoBoost

First to tune 2015 2.7L F-150 EcoBoost

First to tune 2015 5.0L F-150

First to tune 2016 Explorer Sport&Platinum

First to tune 2016 Explorer 3.5L NA

First to tune 2016 Escape EcoBoost

We have never failed a client's vehicle VIA our tuning. Can you honestly make the same statement?

If you had such unprecedented access in your tuning, then why is it that we are the ONLY company in the performance aftermarket that can make the above truthful statements?

If you had such unprecedented access in your tuning, then why is it that we are the ones that have the relationship and reputation with the 3 largest domestic automakers? Why is it that they AND their performance divisions entrust their platforms to us?

How is it that you such unprecedented access in your tuning when you are using a 3rd party's tuning software? If they cannot/do not support a make, platform, model range or table modification then neither do you. That is why our ownership and engineering team made the investment into our own proprietary tuning software.

Why is it that you ignored the last part of my post about why the OEM's do not require logging? The answer is simple because they, just like us, spend hundreds of man hours making, testing and revising tuning on virtual models, on dynos and utilize dozens of test vehicles all over the country and test their tuning. Can you say that you use all of the same resources that both the OEM's and ourselves use?

Please keep your reply, if there is one since you have made exactly ONE post since 2015, factual.

I hope this is enlightening.

Us as well.

Does Pro Tuning have a solution for the 2016 Explorer Sport? I see that SCT does not support it.

As a recent new customer of Livernois, I have to agree that being first at making tunes or track records is nothing to be proud of if you cant support the customer after the sale. I bought a 2016 Explorer Sport with the sole intention of having a suv that could be tuned and modified. I watched the forum for weeks while they finished their 2016 tune and purchased it on the day of release. I also purchased every other bolt on mod they sell all at once with the promise their tune would work and put me in the high 12s.
It was all BS!!!!
Ive had issues ranging from heavy engine pulsations, lack of power and black smoke dumping from my exhaust. Livernois has blamed the problems on everything under the sun but wont admit their tune is junk. I took all their advice and spent thousands in parts and diagnostics. Nothing they suggested worked and then they stopped emailing me all together. I spent my hard earned money on their product and trusted them only to be ignored. When i took my issue to the forums they jumped in and took over the post not to offer advice, but to discredit my statements and make it look like they had done everything to help. They twisted words, made it sound like they were god and simply lied to you all!
Since there are no other current tuners for the 16 Sport im unable to run these aftermarket parts and have an appointment to remove them all this week. Once removed ill be out almost $8000 in Livernois mods, parts they guaranteed me were bad and needed to be replaced and diagnostic time verifying that everyrhing on my Explorer is in perfect working order EXCEPT for their tune!
In the future I will only work with a company that offers data logging as they should so if theres an issue the customer can be assisted by the tuner!
Ive had 25 other vehicles with mods and tunes and all of them were tuned and tweaked after bring data logged. If an issue existed it was quickly found and resolved through data logging. livernois does not offer this for one reason....because it would prove everyrhing that im saying and prove them wrong. Im sure they will chime in and do everyrhing they can once again to discredit me. Thats fine. Anyone who believes their BS and thinks im wrong can contact me for some sweet deals on their parts that are only 2 months old. They will be boxed up and ready to ship this week. I have a tuner, intake, exhaust, downpipes, 3 bar map, gapped plugs and t-stat. Also have a set of H&R lowering
Springs.
Theres no point of owning a Livernois product without having a tune to make it all work!

SSI, take it down a notch. You are not making a good impression on a potential customer considering tuning and other mods........

SSI,
Have u done any tuning on the 16 Sport?
Sounds like theres definately a calling for a good tuner for them!

need-a-cage

Any chance you would copy and paste the email(s) between you and Livernois here in this thread?

Or screenshot them and post.

Might give the interested readers of this thread some clearer perspective on the facts.

need-a-cage

Any chance you would copy and paste the email(s) between you and Livernois here in this thread?

Or screenshot them and post.

Might give the interested readers of this thread some clearer perspective on the facts.

I think you meant this for 16 Sport. He is the one having issues. Read his other posts titled 2016 Sport Misfire Issue after mods to get some background.
https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=436120&page=2

I would like to know what Shawn's thoughts are on 16 Sports issues, but I hope that both he and Livernois will keep it civil on here. I think the problem with Livernois's responses in the other post is that they are coming from someone who doesn't do the tuning.

I wish LMS would help educate the user instead of just saying that there is no way any of us can possibly understand what their magic black box does. At least this is how I felt when reading some responses. Sorry.

Now, i may very well have to go with LMS if I am ready to buy before SCT catches up. I am not trying to get every possible bit of performace out of my wife's SUV, so in my case the "oatmeal" tune should be okay as long as it errors on the safe side. CA 91 octane is just not the best fuel out there.

16 Sport and anyone heavily modifying should definitely have datalogging at the drag strip.

I think you meant this for 16 Sport. He is the one having issues. Read his other posts titled 2016 Sport Misfire Issue after mods to get some background.
https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=436120&page=2

I would like to know what Shawn's thoughts are on 16 Sports issues, but I hope that both he and Livernois will keep it civil on here. I think the problem with Livernois's responses in the other post is that they are coming from someone who doesn't do the tuning.

I wish LMS would help educate the user instead of just saying that there is no way any of us can possibly understand what their magic black box does. At least this is how I felt when reading some responses. Sorry.

Now, i may very well have to go with LMS if I am ready to buy before SCT catches up. I am not trying to get every possible bit of performace out of my wife's SUV, so in my case the "oatmeal" tune should be okay as long as it errors on the safe side. CA 91 octane is just not the best fuel out there.

16 Sport and anyone heavily modifying should definitely have datalogging at the drag strip.

As much as we always want our customers to be educated, the problem here is that to datalog these vehicles properly (meaning actually logging the parameters that are required for proper calibration development) there is no cost effective way to do this at this time. The proper hardware pieces are quite expensive. So it's less about not wanting to help, and more about only wanting to help if it's the right way.

Unfortunately all of the datalogging back and forth is usually because someone isn't adjusting the right parameters, so they found something that somewhat, sort of does what they want it to do, but since they are adjusting only one piece of the puzzle, they don't get consistent results.

Understanding the logic in the ECM is the only way to properly calibrate these vehicles, and unfortunately you just can't do that while only having access to less than 10% of what's actually in the ECM in the first place.

Now, none of this helps the customer in this thread, which is something we definitely care about doing. While we have been through the calibration nose to tail, we want to do an update to move the truck to a newer strategy that does feature some improvements right from Ford, and then of course meld with our performance updates as well.

This is our viewpoint on it, when you have as many of these tunes out in the field as we do, and only 1 issue from one car, you have to do your best to weed through what the actual cause is. Unfortunately, even just removing the tune and saying it goes away doesn't mean there isn't an issue still at hand.

Think of it like having a fractured arm, you might not notice the pain when you aren't using your arm a certain way, but use it another way and it's unbearable. Avoiding the way that causes pain does not mean the problem is gone. And this is very much similar. removing the tune might avoid the symptom, but the issue can still be there.

Now, as for the beating of chests going on in this thread:

We never set out to set the world on fire, but so many times our reliable, proven tunes just happen to set records. Of course we aren't going to complain when this happens, and we'd be fools not to promote it. But we NEVER, will push a customer's car for our own glory. That's why you never hear stories of us blowing up cars we tune either.

We have a very specific focus on our tuning, and that is always power without sacrificing reliability. Could we do a tune that makes more power while having tradeoffs? Absolutely. But that is very shortsighted. There aren't many companies that can say their name has been in the industry for 2 years, let alone more than 65 years, and because of that, we become a big target.

It's something we are used to, and we know comes with being on the top. Everyone feels the need to compare themselves to the best. We always appreciate the business other tuners supply us with indirectly. Our engine department has never been busier. And it allows us to have an amazing amount of insight into the true happenings in the industry because we do more than just tuning.

I think these is the often overlooked benefit with us, that we do more than just tuning. We understand from developing, installing, and testing parts in house how they can impact a vehicle. Something you just don't get a full appreciation for sitting behind a computer.

That being said, everyone has to make the decision that makes sense to them. We offer a solution that we know, and have confidence in the results from the word go. We don't ask customer's to do work for us, instead we do it for them. This means going and datalogging out own vehicles. Not sending them out to risk life and licence to do it for us. But because this challenges the establishment, people are reluctant to think it works, even if the results prove time and time again that they do.

At the end of the day, only one thing matters to us, that our customer's are happy with the products and service we provide. When someone isn't satisfied, we want to do what we can, whether we are the issue, or not.

Update....
I receiced an email from Livernois today. Someone from their company took notice that i was removing and selling all my modifications. They have done some research on my tune and are offering to make updates to download and try. Fingers are crossed this helps...

How much experience do you have with Cali 91 octane?
Can you tell me what the difference is in boost and timing at a given RPM at max load between stock, your 91 tune, and your 93 tune? I don't want to turn any wrenches on this thing at all so the tune I run needs to work with the stock plugs, gap, MAP, and thermostat. If the wife sees me under the hood she'll kill me!

How much experience do you have with Cali 91 octane?
Can you tell me what the difference is in boost and timing at a given RPM at max load between stock, your 91 tune, and your 93 tune? I don't want to turn any wrenches on this thing at all so the tune I run needs to work with the stock plugs, gap, MAP, and thermostat. If the wife sees me under the hood she'll kill me!

We have tons of experience with all ROM fuels. The EcoBoost platform has torque based shifting and power creation logic. There is no way that you can accurately compare the RPMs like you are asking. The reasoning is that the tq mgt system will always dictate when and where the vehicle shifts. This logic has zero to do with RPM, boost or velocity. Shifting is all based upon where the vehicle hits it torque goal. We offer tuning for a stock vehicle. Typically, you will see gains of 60AWHP and 70AWTQ!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a K&N Performance Intake Kit for a 2016 Explorer if anyone is interested -- my wife made me remove it from our Sport - she didn't like the sound.

Back