OffTrac's New Purchases | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OffTrac's New Purchases

RLC Bumper with added hoop Warn M8000 Little accessories to go with the upgrades that I'll post about later. Gotta sand down and paint the RCI skid plate. The powdercoating on that did not last. Probably new tires soon, too.

Well damn. I was gonna wait. I was gonna put it off. Now I'll have to buy one. Especially since it's not much of a drive from my parents house to pick it up. Ugh. Looks fantastic man :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks [MENTION=204401]Dauntless76[/MENTION], you wouldn't regret it.

Also, I need to give a huge thanks to [MENTION=106977]Clusterpup[/MENTION] for pioneering this and showing that it would work on our trucks. I doubt I would have bought it if I hadn't seen it already successfully mounted on his truck.

The bumper looks sweet! Last week I received my rear bumper/spare setup from RLC, waiting for the dang snow to stop up here in the mountains so I can paint and mount it. Now I want the front bumper too, couldn't visualize what it would look like on my sport so thanks for the pics. Maybe later this year!!

Thanks. I really like this bumper and very happy I added the hoop. I really want a rear bumper now and need to find someone close by to take their ST to RLC to build one. Also need some sliders but I may make those myself.

Got these for free.

20150919_131647_zps6b9pvvcg.jpg

Nice! Is that a front or rear hitch? Instead of doing a winch bumper, I think I'm just going to do a front hitch and then get a hitch mounted winch.

It's a rear. I think it's factory but haven't really looked at it yet. There's no identifying marks obvious. Gonna check for a Ford stamp or something later.

My father in law lets me use his hitch mounted one if I need one in the rear; haven't had the occasion offroad though. I do know that if you're in a tough situation, setting up a hitch mounted winch can really suck. It's heavy and cumbersome enough getting it in and out of the bed and mounted. It's awesome to have the flexibility though. It's what my father in law has setup on his 2500 and it sure is useful. I've used it around the house and on the farms but never in a sticky situation.

I have a front mounted hitch in the barn but haven't checked to see if it'll fit my truck. Obviously wouldn't need it for a winch now though. Still interested in the possibility though.

Looks like a Curt hitch, but all the round tube ones probably resemble each other. There should be pieces that bolt to each end though. Those pieces are what bolt to the truck frame.

Free is good.

Factory crossbars? Nice find- another thing on the list (either the factory or aero style/Thule) but Thule is so damn expensive

I currently have a Curt hitch installed. This one is a larger diameter tube. Never did get around to looking at it today. I don't really intend to install it; not sure what I'll do with it yet but I couldn't pass up the price. I did really want the cross bars though. I might put the basket back on now.

Yeah, free is almost always too good to pass up. I bought a brand new hitch for an Explorer that I had no foreseeable need for, and still don't, but for $30 it was too good to pass up. Farm store had it on clearance.

Cut/ weld it to have a hitch on the front.

like the steel bumper but have other plans for my money on my truck.

like the steel bumper but have other plans for my money on my truck.

The rest of my plans approach 5 figures. I'm at the point where I'm doing little things until I can get the D60 front and D70 rear in. And I want to do that right and once. $1200 for a bumper and winch holds me over for now and keeps me from rebuilding the axles in the barn. Or worse, spending money on my '69 Cougar, lol.

Thanks [MENTION=204401]Dauntless76[/MENTION], you wouldn't regret it.

Also, I need to give a huge thanks to [MENTION=106977]Clusterpup[/MENTION] for pioneering this and showing that it would work on our trucks. I doubt I would have bought it if I hadn't seen it already successfully mounted on his truck.

Hehe, I have been uber busy and not on here for a while. Glad to see someone else installed the bumper on their trac as well.

Back