How many 2016 Sports run the Livernois Tuner? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many 2016 Sports run the Livernois Tuner?

nice! finally a picture of the cat back with the ovals removed

So there are 2 options, you can do what we did and just pop the beauty tips off. Or, you can clip the round tips off of our exhaust kit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2014 X Sport here almost 40k miles w/93perf tune

Just picked up a brand new 2016 Explorer Sport, I'm still breaking it in but I would like to add a tune to it after the break in period.

Just curious before I do, how many 2016 Sports are running the Livernois Tune without any issues?

Also how do you like it? ANY issues at all?

Do you simply De-Tune it when you take it to the dealership, like I previously did with my SRT8 Challenger and Diablo Predator Tuner?

Best $500 i spent.... de-tune when i take to dealer... really simple..
what a difference in performance...
buy it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best $500 i spent.... de-tune when i take to dealer... really simple..
what a difference in performance...
buy it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL! Thank you for the kind words!

that looks better than I had anticipated......pretty much looks like an OEM setup...very nice

Cant wait to get mine!! Just ordered the tune, air filter, thermostat, and 3 Bar MAP. I have a brand new 6 month old AWD dyno 3 minutes from me, im going to try and get baseline and after dynos. ill have to see what the dyno time will cost. will report back ASAP

So there are 2 options, you can do what we did and just pop the beauty tips off. Or, you can clip the round tips off of our exhaust kit.

i haven't looked at mine yet, but do the beauty tips pop on/off? are the replaceable?

i haven't looked at mine yet, but do the beauty tips pop on/off? are the replaceable?

Just went to take mine off in preparation for tomorrows exhaust install. Two T20 torx screws going into the plastic. Then there also seem to be two metal tabs above. Couldn't work it loose so left it alone for tonight. If anyone knows how to free it up, please chime in. I don't wish to break anything. Thanks

Wish the tune was less than $599, never going to get that past the wife.

Just took them off. Take out two torx screws, bend the tabs above straight and push the panel forward

Wish the tune was less than $599, never going to get that past the wife.

$599 seems like a steal to me personally!!

Ask for permission or beg for forgiveness!

Put the exhaust on my 16 today with the trim panels out. Dont like how it looks. You can see the clips inside rear fiasca and it looks unfinished. Wife also said she likes the oem panels better. Good news that the tips are just spot welded. Easy to take off and tac back on. Ill have a muffler shop take the tips off and get the outlet pipes to align with the oem panels.

What do you think otherwise? How does it sound? Did you do downpipes or just cat back?

I only went around the block so this is a very limited perspective: its just right. Not too quite, not too loud at cruise and light acceleration. Wife complemented watching and hearing it pull away. She said it sounds like a sports car. Well....I guess it sort of is. She liked how it sounded from the outside iand its a relief. Its her vehicle. :) Ill report back once I get to drive it.
One muffler does hang lower than the other one. I will need to sort that out

I did not do the down pipes. Even to me, the sound with the dp and catack is offensive. My spouse would certainly not find it appealing.

So does that mean that you are liking the tune, I'm confused? .

Not liking ........LOVING!

Honestly, the tune is awesome.

2500 miles on vacation and my now sporty sport performed flawlessly. Even kicked the pig a few times with 7 adults inside (low speed parking lot fun) and the rear squatted so far I thought the front wheels were in the air. Well almost.

Treadmarks, how hard does it shift? I don't mind feeling the shift if over 50% throttle, but I want it to be at least as smooth as stock when the wife is putting around in town and not laying into it. I also don't want wide open throttle shifts to be too harsh. The wife won't put up with harsh shifts and the harder the shift the more it hurts the drivetrain.

Livernois, do you have different shift strategies set up in your tune for Drive vs Sport, just like the factory? If so, what are the differences in the two strategies?

Thanks

NAC,

The shift is barely noticeable when driving around. Most folks probably wouldn't know the difference....until they stomped the go pedal. There is considerably less slippage without being noticeable while "putting around". My wife didn't even know it was tuned till I kicked while on vacation.

DSC_0659_zps0rrlr2vo.jpg

DSC_0641-2_zpstkiawcnd.jpg

Wow!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just went to take mine off in preparation for tomorrows exhaust install. Two T20 torx screws going into the plastic. Then there also seem to be two metal tabs above. Couldn't work it loose so left it alone for tonight. If anyone knows how to free it up, please chime in. I don't wish to break anything. Thanks

What exhaust did you go with?

Back