time to say goodbye

jad2411

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
El Paso, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Brown eb
We got her back in 07 with 120K miles, we just sold it with 170K miles and it's still going strong, interior was clean, outside was clean, never crashed, but it was time for something newer :D

It was a sad day when we said goodbye
DSCF0857-1.jpg

but now the wife rides in this:
20150815_134640_zpsymfmqqlw.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ew the new transverse engine crossover junk.

If you want a Explorer newer than 2010 get a Toyota 4Runner.

When it's time for me to get a newer vehicle, I'm thinking of getting a 2010 explorer :thumbsup:

When it's time for me to get a newer vehicle, I'm thinking of getting a 2010 explorer :thumbsup:

Heh, I've been parked next to 4th gen's and comparing there are many things about the 4th gens I don't like. One thing that stood out is they went back to a single combined highbeam and lowbeam headlight.

Sad day indeed, but I'm glad the Explorer served you well.

I'm prepared to have a new engine put in my '05 Explorer when she blows (and/or transmission) but if I had to get a new one, and 2010 it would be.

Yeah it served us well not many problems I'm sure it'll last like that for a few years more, hopefully the new owner will treat her good

Hope the new one serves you well. For 90% of the population that doesn't tow or use one to its capacity, the uni-body lifted Taurus, AKA Explorers of 2010+ are just fine. My wife has commented on wanting a newer one someday, but I would rather get a 4runner. I bought one of the last 2010's on the lot back in 2010 knowing I wanted a full frame vehicle with truck guts, however the wife could care less.

That's an edge :D and it goes from home to work and back so it's working as it should :thumbsup:

Before I explain, start by reading this whole site: http://www.rearwheeldrive.org/rwd/

and also viewing this: https://youtube.com/gSmsqB2zJmc?t=2m10s

and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByyR_oLEIoA

The current Ford list there has become so so sad, only the Expedition and Mustang left.

I suspect you are what I once was: opposed to change. Ever drive a '66 Olds Toronado? Smoked the front tires, pretty unstoppable by snow.

Clearly, front wheel drive is overtaking us. I love rear wheel drive, but won't deny others their choice to buy other.

You don't need to read a whole bunch of others' opinions on a topic to make educated decisions on your own. Unless yer not eductated..... imp

I suspect you are what I once was: opposed to change. Ever drive a '66 Olds Toronado? Smoked the front tires, pretty unstoppable by snow.

You're comparing apples to oranges. (cars to SUV's)

Making heavy front wheel drive SUV's is just plain stupid. You're never going to make it up a snowy hill in a new FWD Transverse or Explorer. Add a heavy trailer and you might not even make it up a steep hill if it's just wet. It's simple physics.

I'm personally only getting 4WD or AWD vehicles going forward. Most likely a Toyota 4Runner after my Explorer then probably a LandRover LR4 if my career takes off.

not really seeing the benefit of RWD unless for performance reasons, majority of us want a daily driven car that is comfortable, works in inclement weather and economical. sure I love my RWD mustang and LS but in terms of comfort and reliability my Continental, Cougar and Camry takes it. Mustang and LS stays parked when it snows, I wouldn't even say that Mustang is a well balanced performance car, the suspension is just too spartan for a RWD car.

not to start a debate on this one but it's more a personal preference rather than a correct choice..

The only time I even use my f250 or explorer in the snow is when we are getting over 6"...otherwise my 2005 focus with general altimax artic tires does GREAT in the snow.

Back