• Register Today It's free!

Securicode Touch Pad Entry

xnhra

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
Does anyone know how to make one of these work. My wife has a 2014 Escape that works fine. Mine has never worked. I know she has a couple of degrees but she can't make mine work either.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I really don't know what you are asking. Punch in the 5 digit code and the door will magically open!

Does it light up when you touch it? If not, a trip to the dealer is likely in order. Have a look at page 329 of your Owner's Guide. Not sure if fuse 21 in the interior fuse panel is the one that controls the Securicode panel or not. Fuse 18, if bad, would cause a few other issues.

Peter

Does anyone know how to make one of these work. My wife has a 2014 Escape that works fine. Mine has never worked. I know she has a couple of degrees but she can't make mine work either.

Mine was shorted and the dealer replaced the pad.

BM

I've also read one post where the alignment of the Securicode cover was misaligned so as not to allow proper contact with the electronics under it.

Peter

One thing I've noticed with my Explorer is it won't always lock when I hold the 7/8 and 9/0 down together. It lights up, the little red light lights up as well and I can hold it for 4 or 5 seconds and the doors do not lock. Yes I know, I can touch the black section on the handle but that is besides the point.

Anyone have this issue with locking through the numerical touch pad?

I have the same issue when the pad has water droplets on it. I wipe it off and it then it works fine.

You can always have your dealership inspect, xnhra. How many miles are on your Explorer?

Crystal

BM

Mine had two of the buttons not working. Tech was able to run diagnostics and get an error code. Fortunately, it was still a few hundred miles under the 36,000.

I knew something was up because when pressing one of the buttons, I would see the red LED flicker. Vehicle was registering that as many button presses for the same number.

Same issues here. The securicode panel was replaced at the dealer when it went in for some recall work. It worked intermittently but progressively got worse. The replacement is perfect. Works every time.

BM

Did you have this done under warranty, or did you have to pay for the repairs? If so, what did it cost you?

Mine intermittently worked under specific conditions (turn car off and don't lock doors with key fob..etc)

What worked for me was setting my own personal code and not using the Master code. Unfortunately, to do this, the master code had to be working at least once, which I do not think is the case for you.

One thing I've noticed with my Explorer is it won't always lock when I hold the 7/8 and 9/0 down together. It lights up, the little red light lights up as well and I can hold it for 4 or 5 seconds and the doors do not lock. Yes I know, I can touch the black section on the handle but that is besides the point.

Anyone have this issue with locking through the numerical touch pad?

Mine does this as well. Just figured I was fat fingering it.

Back