New member | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

garrettcole49

Reaction score
City, State
Clanton Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
Hi I'd just like to say my names Garrett I'm 15 and my dad just gave me a 1998 ford explore I want to do a lot to it ... A lift and new tires ... If anyone can give me advice on lifts or how to DL some stuff myself that be great

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

98 explorer

Thanks for the advice Mr. rick if u have anymore on it please let me know I haven't done anything to it yet so I'm open to suggestions

98 explorer

Oh sorry to keep posting but I want to keep it street legal also so I can drive it to school and to work ...when I turn 16

Gerald's truck was definitely street legal. It was driven to and from every trail it's been on. Not a trailer queen ;)

Welcome to EF.

I have a 1998 ford explorer and it's a very good vechicle I was driving down the road and had to stop at a red light and it dies I put it in park started it right back up and everytime I put it in drive it dies I have no idea what is wrong can someone give me some advice please

98 explorer

Okay thanks for the advice mr .rick

Welcome to the forum. Like Rick said, I was always completely street legal and was still able to take it on some amazing trail adventures with Rick and others on this site. Read the link (it is the same link as clicking on "Gerald's Truck" in my sig line below). Hope this helps - and enjoy your Explorer!

Back