Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP) | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

You can buy it anytime before the manufacturer's warranty runs out. But get this, the start of the ESP will revert to the date that your manufacturer's warranty started! I had to read that twice to make sure I was seeing it correctly. It was posted in a thread by Seni.

I know this posting is old but When I picked up my 2016 Sport the dealer offered the same, which I rejected for the same reason. peterk9 do we ( Ontario) have any offers online for a better price?, probably not. I'm concerned with cost after the 3yr B to B on the electronics.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know this posting is old but When I picked up my 2016 Sport the dealer offered the same, which I rejected for the same reason. peterk9 do we ( Ontario) have any offers online for a better price?, probably not. I'm concerned with cost after the 3yr B to B on the electronics.
The only one I have ever found is in Barrie. http://fordesp.ca/ although I haven't priced them myself. I bought a 48 month PremiumCare through my dealer for the Explorer and I only have the Lincoln on a 3 year lease so no extended warranty was required. It comes with a 48 month one anyway.

Peter

The only one I have ever found is in Barrie. http://fordesp.ca/ although I haven't priced them myself. I bought a 48 month PremiumCare through my dealer for the Explorer and I only have the Lincoln on a 3 year lease so no extended warranty was required. It comes with a 48 month one anyway.

Peter

so in reality at the end of the 3 yr bumper to bumper factory warranty you'll have 1 year remaining on your PremiumCare that you purchased, correct?. If so, how is this justifiable?.

so in reality at the end of the 3 yr bumper to bumper factory warranty you'll have 1 year remaining on your PremiumCare that you purchased, correct?. If so, how is this justifiable?.
Correct.

Peter

Correct.

Peter

And the business manager mentions this in my case with a smile on her face... and the cost goes up anytime after delivery and payments cannot be included in your monthly payments. I'll have to continue to think if this is worth the cost, I just can't get past the fact that ESP reverts back to the date of purchase.

Thanks for taking the time trying to knock this into my thick skull.

I called fordesp.ca to get a quote and then used it as ammunition to get my dealer to match it which they did. I saved a few hundred dollars by doing so. They had to escalate it up to the owner to have it approved. You simply give them the choice....match it, or tell them you'll buy it from fordesp.ca....simple. You can wait until a month before your factory 3 yr. warranty expires to purchase it and still receive full coverage which is what I did, although they do have an additional fee of $100.00 when you don't buy it within the first year of your purchase.....

I called fordesp.ca to get a quote and then used it as ammunition to get my dealer to match it which they did. I saved a few hundred dollars by doing so. They had to escalate it up to the owner to have it approved. You simply give them the choice....match it, or tell them you'll buy it from fordesp.ca....simple. You can wait until a month before your factory 3 yr. warranty expires to purchase it and still receive full coverage which is what I did, although they do have an additional fee of $100.00 when you don't buy it within the first year of your purchase.....
I believe if you buy it through the dealer that you can roll it into your payments if the deal goes through them. I opted to pay it up front. Dealers do seem to have some say in the cost. When I was in for my last service I asked the person handling this product what a PremiumCare ESP was going for today and he said to come and see him when I get my next vehicle and we can discuss it (price) then, more or less indicating that it was flexible.

Peter

I believe if you buy it through the dealer that you can roll it into your payments if the deal goes through them. I opted to pay it up front. Dealers do seem to have some say in the cost. When I was in for my last service I asked the person handling this product what a PremiumCare ESP was going for today and he said to come and see him when I get my next vehicle and we can discuss it (price) then, more or less indicating that it was flexible.

Peter

Yes it was the option for me to purchase at the time of signing and have the cost rolled into the overall payments. I'm thinking it's probably best to wait before the end of the 3yr factory instead of rolling it into the payments that will also include interest. Either way I'm sure Ford finance has done their calculations so the customer is no further ahead... pay me now or pay me later.

Us Canadians for some reason get screwed price point wise.

Thanks for the info. I may go with the .ca route. I'm thinking it's too late to involve the dealer now that I have the vehicle, and it's a whopping 3 days old.

Thanks for the info. I may go with the .ca route. I'm thinking it's too late to involve the dealer now that I have the vehicle, and it's a whopping 3 days old.

You can still offer the dealer your business....so long as they are willing to match the fordesp.ca price you get. Wait till near the end of the 1st year or wait closer until the 3 yrs are up and then pay an additional $100.00. I wasn't sure at the time I bought the vehicle that I wanted the ESP or that I would be keeping more than the 3 years...so waiting until the end of year 3 to decide was the right choice for me. And then to save a few hundred off of the lowest cost my dealer originally was willing to go was the icing on the cake.

Peter,
Do you know any thread with PTU fluid change? With pictures or video? I mean 2011-2016 explorer. Or should I create a new thread?
Thanks
There is a thread "Changing PTU Fluid" but there is no video or step by step instructions in it. If you wanted to do something like that, you can do it in that thread. I can always move it to its own thread depending on the out come. Good luck.:thumbsup:
https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=410961&highlight=ptu+fluid+change

Peter

Extended Warranty

Planning to buy out my lease Explorer and want it to know where is the best price to purchase one. THanks

Planning to buy out my lease Explorer and want it to know where is the best price to purchase one. THanks
I looked at buying out the lease on my 2011 Ltd and then figured the cost of the buyout plus taxes would be almost equivalent to paying for 2.5 years of a new lease and that didn't count the cost of an ESP. Decided to stay with another lease. New vehicle under full factory warranty. But I also realize each individual case is different. Also the link blwnsmoke has provided seems to be a very good one according to some members. Which ever provider you get an ESP from be sure that you are comparing 'apples' to 'apples' and check for 1st day rental provision. Good luck.

Peter

Before you start calling BS on someone, I'd highly recommend knowing your facts before posting. Comparing apples to apples, Joel at Two Rivers is cheaper then Flood (some as little as $15). I have priced out several in the past with Joel and flood to make sure of ithe (5 different contracts/terms).

Flood does not include 1st day rental where Joel does so there is a price gap there. The ford ESP contract INCLUDES 1st day rental standard. Flood Ford removes that option (contract has a "1st day delete" option to remove it as a standard option). So if you are not paying attention, you will not pick up on it.

And even if they were the same price (which they are not), why not give your business to someone who is a stand up guy? On more then one occasion, Joel had misquoted on accident and honored that price which he took a loss on. One was me, he quoted a gas motor instead of diesel and loss $300 on the deal. For another, he quoted a 5yr instead of 6yr and took a loss on that (different member) because he honored the 5yr quote for the 6yr term.

Find someone else that would do that.

Also it seems that Flood Ford has lowered their pricing to match Anderson and Koch. Which from all accounts are higher than Joel's.

And I will also add that Joel will do the 24 month, 0% financing of an ESP plan, I do not believe the other dealers will do this unless this recently changed. I've seen several post they do not do Financing on them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And I will also add that Joel will do the 24 month, 0% financing of an ESP plan, I do not believe the other dealers will do this unless this recently changed. I've seen several post they do not do Financing on them.
Too bad he can't offer the ESP to us up here.:(

Peter

Back