• Register Today It's free!

seat swap question

Rwrighttt

Reaction score
City, State
md
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 twin sticks
hey all. looked but couldn't find quite what was looking for... but my local yard has a 2nd gen (not positive on the year) explorer limited there and the seats are damn nice. way nicer than my mud soaked stained 92 cloth seats. i don't want all the power options so I'm wondering will they bolt on to my 92 seat frames? also would the rear seats fit at all? tired of having wet seats when out on the trails. thanks for any help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

To 1st gen seat frames yes, direct to 1st gen floor, no

To 1st gen seat frames yes, direct to 1st gen floor, no

So I can move them off the power frame, onto my manual frame with drilling 1 hole or so? I've read you can, but didn't know if limited seats are different than standard power seats.

4 door trucks seats are interchangeable (within reason). 4 door rear seat doesn't fit in a 2 door.

I swapped from bench to buckets years ago in my old 92. I had 91 model buckets, I had to use the 92 bench tracks for proper bolt hole location.

That being said, you SHOULD be able to utilize gen 2 seats on your 92 seat frames. I am not 100% on that (gen 2 to gen 1 seat swap) because I haven't done it, so don't take me word for word.

Back