How many 2016 Sports run the Livernois Tuner? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many 2016 Sports run the Livernois Tuner?

Livernois. Not 100% happy. One muffler tip/muffler sits lower and to the side and I am not a fan of a removed OEM exhaust panel look. I could not get enough heat on the hanger to bend it in order to raise the lower muffler and will be taking it to a custom exhaust shop tomorrow. I assume that wouldn't be a problem for them. I also want them to see what they can do about removing the tips so I can put the panels back. Just looking at it, it does not look like the outlet pipe will line up with the panel, so it may not be as simple as just taking the tips off. Will see. My opinion is that this exhaust is not compatible with a 16. The 16 needs its own system designed for its unique exhaust configuration.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Slicky,

You have any video's or sounds bits of this exhaust you could send me. I was looking at getting the tune and exhaust from livernois, but waiting to see the reply regarding your fitment issues as I have a 2016 sport. Do you have the thunderstorm exhaust? I see they also offer it with black tips? Hope you get it figured out.

Slicky,

Definitely sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your exhaust. We have installed about 4 of these exhausts in house and the pictures that I posted were from an install that we did for the owner of one of the local Ford dealerships. We did not have to make any modification to the kit at all. It sounds like there might be a joint that you were not able to get as tight as it needs to be. You're right, an exhaust shop should be able to help you out with the installation. We do not recommend that someone attempt to install their catback without having a lift and proper installation tooling.

Livernois

Has anyone or yourself cut your tips off and put on the stock oval tips? I like the stock tips vs the ones that come on your kit just wondering if it was possible or if a lot of modification would be needed to make it work prior to ordering. Thanks

We have. All that you have to do is cut off the round tips for our kit to accommodate the oval tips.

Took the "beast" a custom muffler shop today.
1. 20 mins and $30 later both mufflers/tips are in line and straight. The fabricator/tech said its not uncommon that they are not even and it can happen to any make. Sometimes they are perfect and sometimes they are off. I drew the short straw.
2. The guy also confirmed my assertion that putting the panels back on and have it all look right will not be as simple as cutting the tips off. The outlet pipe sits too low and will protrude below the bottom of the panel. They would need to cut the outlet pipe back to almost where it exits the muffler and than stick an extension pipe that is kicked up to line up with the center of the panel. Because the hanger is almost at the tip, you will also need to cut that off and put a new hanger on the extension (both sides). I said, no thanks. Not going to go through all that trouble and expense hacking up this expensive system. I will keep my eyes open for a '16 2.3l ecoboost rear skid plate that has round cut outs and a cutout for the hitch insert. In the meanwhile, I will live with what I have. It is almost ok.

20160102_120629.jpg

20160102_120617.jpg

20160102_120600.jpg

Now that does sound great. Is the cab still quite inside around town and highway speeds this would be the ticket if it is since it's my wifes car... I was afraid you would run into the issue where it wouldn't be as simple as cutting of the tips and putting the ovals on. Guess sometimes you have to compromise.

Well no its not really quite inside. But its not obnoxious either. It sounds angry when accelerating. Pretty much what you hear on the outside without the turbo whistle. Yet purs calmly in steady cruising. Why bother with an exhaust if you want silence? I dont think the sound would offend most people.
The magnaflow would be much quiter and would fit up to the oem exhaust panels. It wasn't for me, though.

Thanks for the feedback. I see livernois has a video on youtube showing this exhaust and it sounds quite in the cab from 0-40, so I was wondering. Would be nice if you have time to provide a video clip from inside the cab if you get around to it. I probably pull the trigger on this exhaust though. Do you have the tuner or just the exhaust? Again, thanks for the pictures and video. Would be nice if you live near Pa so I could check it out..lol

ordered mine today. These reviews makes me more excited. can't wait.

I did not do the down pipes. Even to me, the sound with the dp and catack is offensive. My spouse would certainly not find it appealing.

Did you hear it with DP and cat back? I'm surprised at your comment as the cat back would make a much greater difference in sound level than the DP.

Yes, I did listen to the clips with the dp and the catback and to me, the sound was very raw, unrefined, raspy, lacking depth and just generally unpleasant. The catback removes the resonator and the OEM cats do quite a bit of muffling on their own. As a lot of us on here say: this is technically my wife's vehicle, and if it sounds offensive to me, I am certain it will sound even more so to her.

ordered mine today. These reviews makes me more excited. can't wait.

Hope to get your review also and some videos of inside to listen to sound from in the cabin. I and to see one video like that before I pull the trigger. You just going with the exhaust or tuner also?

Here's my short review. Installed 91 octane tune but have 93 octane in the tank. The tune turned it to a whole new different car. It feels stock when you are driving normally but when you go WOT it turns it into a beast. The only thing i noticed though is 2nd and 3r gear has a shift bang maybe coming from the trans mount or engine mount i don't know. Maybe engine mount or trans mount cant handle the massive torque that the tune has unleashed. This has been a problem with focus st even without a tune. I hope that will go away. It makes me cringe a little bit . Maybe [MENTION=234035]Livernois[/MENTION] can chime in. All in all tune is awesome. Thanks livernois.

Yes, I did listen to the clips with the dp and the catback and to me, the sound was very raw, unrefined, raspy, lacking depth and just generally unpleasant. The catback removes the resonator and the OEM cats do quite a bit of muffling on their own. As a lot of us on here say: this is technically my wife's vehicle, and if it sounds offensive to me, I am certain it will sound even more so to her.

can you post clip?

has anyone here purchased the gibson? would love to hear a clip from that to compare to the corsa

I posted a clip of my catback under the photos above. I don't have the downpipes clip as I don't have downpipes. Look up some SHO clips on youtube. Its the same thing.
I don't drive it much, but will get a chance to get some interior clips tomorrow. I'll try to remember to do it.

Hmmmm although the SHO and XSport are built from the same platform the exhaust notes are different.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's my short review. Installed 91 octane tune but have 93 octane in the tank. The tune turned it to a whole new different car. It feels stock when you are driving normally but when you go WOT it turns it into a beast. The only thing i noticed though is 2nd and 3r gear has a shift bang maybe coming from the trans mount or engine mount i don't know. Maybe engine mount or trans mount cant handle the massive torque that the tune has unleashed. This has been a problem with focus st even without a tune. I hope that will go away. It makes me cringe a little bit . Maybe [MENTION=234035]Livernois[/MENTION] can chime in. All in all tune is awesome. Thanks livernois.

That is just the trans engaging the next gear with greater shift pressures...nothing to worry about. That will soften about after a week or so of NORMAL driving. If you consistently drive aggressively the ECM will allow the trans to maintain its aggressive characteristics.

Back