Seen a Diamond in the Rough on Black Friday. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Seen a Diamond in the Rough on Black Friday.

I seen this '05 on Black Friday a couple days after it had been traded in. Didn't look like much on the outside but real clean inside. I went home and ran a Carfax on it. Found out it was a 1 owner purchased new at a dealer a mile from my house. All maintenance and service done by Ford on time. I went back the next day, took it for a ride and gave it a good going over. I found a really nice ride that had only been short changed in exterior cosmetics.
Day 1...as purchased.
11742486018x650.jpg

11742486155x650.jpg

As it is now after a few mods including new tires, wheel center caps, F-150 tow hooks and a few other subtle touches.
DSC00622.JPG

DSC00631.JPG

DSC00624.JPG

It's getting there.....

Nice ride, looks clean. Now it is time to get another 2nd gen Sport to replace the one you sold.

Nice ride, looks clean. Now it is time to get another 2nd gen Sport to replace the one you sold.

Thanks Mike. Funny you should mention that. This will be coming back to me soon. It's the '01 in my sig. I had inherited it when my younger brother passed in Spring 2012. Later that year I sold it to my sister's grandson. My brother bought it as a 1 owner North Carolina (rust free!!!) truck w/80k on it. The kids buying a new car w/tax and college grad money. This is a good move for me as I know it's been taken care of and maintained properly (mostly by my brother and myself) for the last 7 yrs.

166520_1368387629547_3057328_n (1).jpg

Back