Only RHD v8 2004 explorer limited in UK? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Only RHD v8 2004 explorer limited in UK?

Rottiesrule

Reaction score
City, State
WHITSTABLE
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Ford explorer limited
Hi. I've been the proud owner of my American built Australian imported RHD v8 limited for 4 years now in the UK. Had various issues with her over this time, gearbox rebuild (my fault towing 4 tons for 30 miles and overheated box) pretty much every wear and tear item and in the UK I run her on LPG which she seems to love. Parts can be a big issue and if I cannot find the part in the UK I order in from USA. Shipping thou is a killer
What I would love is something that would show part numbers? Ford are great at re-using reliable parts over and over again but they are terrible at cross referring models. UK Ford can rarely help.
Your forum looks great. I look forward to contributing. Steve

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Steve, welcome to EF.

Thank you for the welcome and the advice. I shall look to join the uk forum too. Have had explorers now for 10 years. Quietly proud to have a v8 in the uk. Had a custom exhaust made which makes the trick sound lovely!

Welcome. Rockauto adds VAT onto orders so they sail through customs. You get items within days.

I saw a third gen Explorer at Stoneleigh a while ago. Looked really good!

Welcome to this forum! Check the UK Explorer owner's section on this site. You could find a lot of cross referenced parts on WWW.RockAuto.Com. They have a lot of part numbers listed with photos.

Fantastic site. Just treated myself to loads of bits!

Soon as I get the caliper pins through from USA I shall post a few pictures if anyone interested. She rides on a smart set of 19" mania racing rims. Custom made side exit stainless steel exhaust.

Back