• Register Today It's free!

Ebony Black Interior

JCrew7384

Reaction score
City, State
Jersey City, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Platin
Test drove a 16 Explorer Platinum today. It was ceramic interior. Asked about other colors, the sals guy said it wasn't available. Asked him to check again if it came in black, he said no...

Based on comments here it sounds like it "is" available though...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Test drove a 16 Explorer Platinum today. It was ceramic interior. Asked about other colors, the sals guy said it wasn't available. Asked him to check again if it came in black, he said no...

It is available. My local dealer has one in white with the black interior sitting on the lot.

It is on the second built. I'm not sure if the 2016 does but i was told that the 2017 will have it. Which the built day is in march 2016

My '16 sport has black leather interior not sure if that counts or if the platinum are vastly different

For the platinum, until the end of December, only the white was available, but the plant just started job 2 which is now offering black as well. It isn't in the system on the ford website quite yet though.

I just bought a Platinum (White) with the black interior.

The dealer had Black with Black interior right next to it.

The other Platinum was Red with the ceramic interior.

There ya go!

Hittin the streets

Did u go to the spot or another dealer...
How did u like it...

Did u go to the spot or another dealer...
How did u like it...

No, went into a random Ford that I was passing over the weekend to just look around and test drive. Would really like to get an extended test drive some how. Either overnight or for the day. Do dealers do that? Are there any rental companies that have newer models?

No, went into a random Ford that I was passing over the weekend to just look around and test drive. Would really like to get an extended test drive some how. Either overnight or for the day. Do dealers do that? Are there any rental companies that have newer models?

I believe most major rental companies have 16 explorers. Usually limited's maybe an XLT here or there.

I have a 2016 limited. Black on black. The color is available.

Yes, it is available. But the black interior for the Platinum model is very rare at the moment as they didn't go into production until last month. None of the dealers here in the Seattle area have one in stock with the black interior although most have deliveries in transit.

My local dealer just called me to come in and see the Platinum with Ebony Black interior they just had delivered. Can't wait to check it out, although I went to look at one with the Ceramic interior and I really liked the Ceramic seats and Black carpet contrast.

Back