Issues With My New 2016 Sport | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Issues With My New 2016 Sport

Going to revisit this tomorrow.

Peter
Correction to my previous posts regarding the strap. Those small straps in the picture I posted do in fact fold the headrest. I just didn't pull on them hard enough. When the word "strap" first came up I envisioned a much larger item. My mistake. There is one on the back of both 3rd row seats.
Sorry for the confusion.:(

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How the heck did my issue thread end up getting jacked to talk about someones lighting and ABS??

Anyway, the passenger side power fold headrest does go down automatically when you hit the buttons, but there is also a strap for each one. The driver side for some reason does not. Maybe has something to do with the seat issue. A Ford rep called me and told me that the dealer is waiting to get in a loaner for me so they can look at our truck. This is total BS, and i told her that. Their after sale support is horrendous. # weeks after reporting the issue to them and they still have not gotten it back in to look at.

Stay tuned.
Your thread technically did not get "jacked" as I see it. You opened it with the title "New 2016 Sport Issues" and in your post you mentioned 3 separate issues you have with yours. Others followed and posted the issues that they have encountered with their new Sport models as well as posting replies to your concerns. I have moved some of them to existing threads and edited the title of this thread so it may help.

Peter

Been a while so i figured i'd post an update. The 3rd row seats have been fixed. It took about a week and a half to get fixed. It ended up being the seat pivot assembly. The dealer said the pivot bar was bent and was causing the issue. We've been problem free since the repair.

As far as the memory seats go. The dealer has told me that Ford has walked away from them, saying it is a dealer issue since they sold the vehicle using the incorrect information sheets. They (the saleswoman and the GM) were working with the service dept. to see if there was a way to install them using Ford original parts because they said none of their aftermarket parts suppliers would touch it. Last night i got a letter in the mail...not a call, form the service dept saying that Ford does not support or recommend installing the parts to add memory seats to this truck.

I called the saleswoman and she was going back to the service people to talk to them more....so still at square 1.

Thanks,
Badluck

If possible, thats a big if...It will probably involved replacement parts obviously including modules and harnesses along with module reporgramming. Not for the feint of heart.

Push to have them take the car back.

Sorry to hear your going through this, but I don't want to sound like an ass.

Did you do a walk around of the vehicle when you took delivery of it. To make sure it had the options you wanted before driving home? It sounds like you ordered it and had it built.

Ford is pointing at the dealer as fault and it sounds like the dealer is not going to do anything with it either and leave you with a vehicle you are not going to like.

Sorry to hear your going through this, but I don't want to sound like an ass.

Did you do a walk around of the vehicle when you took delivery of it. To make sure it had the options you wanted before driving home? It sounds like you ordered it and had it built.

Ford is pointing at the dealer as fault and it sounds like the dealer is not going to do anything with it either and leave you with a vehicle you are not going to like.
Although I know what you are getting at Stephen, I doubt a walk around is going to establish whether or not it had memory seats, let alone knowing how to program/operate them. The problem began with the ordering process in that the salesperson was not using the proper information sheet to order the vehicle and its available options as mentioned in the earlier posts in this thread.

Peter

Although I know what you are getting at Stephen, I doubt a walk around is going to establish whether or not it had memory seats, let alone knowing how to program/operate them. The problem began with the ordering process in that the salesperson was not using the proper information sheet to order the vehicle and its available options as mentioned in the earlier posts in this thread.

Peter

i agree its on the dealer. The salesman should have done a walk through of how things work. My salesman did, even though my wife has a 2014 Fusion Titanium with the same perks.

It just seems that the OP was wanting the memory seat option, but did not look or ask about it when he took delivery. The salesman would have known it was missing at that point and looked into it with the manager and found out what happened in the ordering process.

i agree its on the dealer. The salesman should have done a walk through of how things work. My salesman did, even though my wife has a 2014 Fusion Titanium with the same perks.

It just seems that the OP was wanting the memory seat option, but did not look or ask about it when he took delivery. The salesman would have known it was missing at that point and looked into it with the manager and found out what happened in the ordering process.

Saleswomen blew through delivery. I wasn't there for the full process. Wife took delivery as it was her car.

Last thing on your mind on delivery day is does this have every single option that i asked them it would have, that they confirmed multiple times would have.

Saleswomen blew through delivery. I wasn't there for the full process. Wife took delivery as it was her car.

Last thing on your mind on delivery day is does this have every single option that i asked them it would have, that they confirmed multiple times would have.

You are correct, after sitting in a dealer for an hour plus running numbers and trade in offer and what not, by the time you get the keys to the new car, you are just ready to go home.

I have never went through ordering a car and going to the dealer when it was delivered. I have always looked online and found what I was looking for and gone from there.

This past time I used Cars.com. Holy Crap on a cracker. The minute you select a price that a dealer has it for, your phone blows up from every dealer listed for that vehicle. I had one, that didn't even have it and said they could order it. Think that will be the last time I use them.

I really hope the dealer and yourself can come to an agreement on getting the option you wanted.

Back