Advise on HID headlight conversion 2010explorer eddie bauer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Advise on HID headlight conversion 2010explorer eddie bauer

jziggy101

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer Eddie Bauer
I am looking to possibly convert my headlights to hid lights. What are some suggestions from those thathave done this already?

Also suggestion on a good vender to purchase the kit from as opposed tonfindingbit on ebay.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I run a 35 watt setup from these guys and its plenty bright. Parts seem to be good quality. Choose options on the drop downs at the bottom...you want H13 type bulbs. I prefer the 4300k color but some like 5000k. I used the slim type ballasts for easier install, and make sure you pick the correct make/model/year vehicle application so you get sent the correct harness and resistors.

http://retro-solutions.net/product-info.php?35W_DIGITAL_HID_KIT-pid663.html

$172.00 for everything, find a discount code and it'll be cheaper.

I recommend staying with 35 watt....55 watt brighter but glare is harder to control from what I have seen.

I am looking to possibly convert my headlights to hid lights. What are some suggestions from those thathave done this already?

Also suggestion on a good vender to purchase the kit from as opposed tonfindingbit on ebay.

Thanks

I run a 35 watt setup from these guys and its plenty bright. Parts seem to be good quality. Choose options on the drop downs at the bottom...you want H13 type bulbs. I prefer the 4300k color but some like 5000k. I used the slim type ballasts for easier install, and make sure you pick the correct make/model/year vehicle application so you get sent the correct harness and resistors.

http://retro-solutions.net/product-info.php?35W_DIGITAL_HID_KIT-pid663.html

$172.00 for everything, find a discount code and it'll be cheaper.

I recommend staying with 35 watt....55 watt brighter but glare is harder to control from what I have seen.

Thanks I will check them out.

for that price you might want to check out the new led headlight technology... they last way longer and are just as bright and consume less power

for that price you might want to check out the new led headlight technology... they last way longer and are just as bright and consume less power

Got any links to suppliers? I tried some LED fog light bulbs a year ago and was not impressed. But seeing as technology develops quickly...maybe I was shopping at the wrong time/place.

I got stuck in the youtube hole one night and watched over 100 videos about headlights and lightbars... I just know any place other than ebay is out of my range... One day ill get ebay 55 watt 8000k hids for both sets of bulbs

HID lights installation smoothly.

I bought a kit for $ 178.00, the ad said caused no mistake, settled and immediately light indicating problems in the headlights came on. I sent an email and I sent two warning canceler to add the kit but the error persisted.
But as I travel a lot at night in very dark areas I need more light and looked resolve the issue. In this forum I found the solution to install resistances for each headlamp. I bought on Ebay another kit 35 watts of 5000K at a cost of $ 45.50 and has more than one years running smoothly.
This is the link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-35w-9004...-10000K-/371193589459?ar=&hash=item566cdcaed3

Then I put the fog lights kit from the same seller but how they connect directly to the socket of the truck lights I ordered with CanBus, zero problems to date.
I hope my experience will serve them.

What???

I personally love DDM Tuning. (www.ddmtuning.com)

Over the years, I have bought probably 8 or 9 kits from them, the only downfall is usually about 2-3 week shipping times.

The lights have never given me issues, never had faulty ballasts, and the best part is, after shipping, they're only about $45 for a kit. The last few kits ive ordered have had nice small ballasts, less than an inch thick.

I have SDX from amazon. Seller Kensu. Price isn't that bad $35.00 per kit. I have headlights and fogs.

I had a 02 Mustang gt that I bought kits for, from www.hidextra.com and they worked perfectly. I just bought kits for my 07 Explorer, which I will install ASAP. I will let you all know how it turns out.

Not necessarily true. LED is not as bright and glares just as much as a drop in HID kit

The 2006-2010 Ford Explorers need 4 resistors in order to run an aftermarket HID system. One per low beam and One per high beam. We carry our Mopar Bi-Xenon HID system in the H13 bulb size that is prewired with all of the necessary parts to avoid bulb out errors on the vehicle. However if you want the best light output without glaring oncoming traffic and blinding everyone, you will want to retrofit. Retrofitting our vehicles is quite an easy process with the use of certain projectors and can be done in 1-2 days

Back