• Register Today It's free!

Retro number....i forgot

diesel_s

Reaction score
City, State
Buford, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 ST Limited
SO normally i post in the ST side of this forum but this particular side seems a bit more active. Anyhow, I have gotten my cam out in order to take high res and detailed photos, these are coming off of my phone. I have done another retro in my truck, I work for The Retrofit Source and Own/operate Dropgearz.com so i change up my setup often for promotion purposes. I will get some high res photos this weekend after i get a chance to clean the truck up after the past few weeks of festivities both on and offroad between the south and the midwest. Anyway, here it is:

24692790125_6fef842c39_c.jpg

24599278881_1051f6f5a1_c.jpg

24065963263_28010edbf1_c.jpg

Here is the link to my previous build: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429961
And the builds prior to that one are on here somewhere lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

SO normally i post in the ST side of this forum but this particular side seems a bit more active. Anyhow, I have gotten my cam out in order to take high res and detailed photos, these are coming off of my phone. I have done another retro in my truck, I work for The Retrofit Source and Own/operate Dropgearz.com so i change up my setup often for promotion purposes. I will get some high res photos this weekend after i get a chance to clean the truck up after the past few weeks of festivities both on and offroad between the south and the midwest. Anyway, here it is:

Here is the link to my previous build: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429961
And the builds prior to that one are on here somewhere lol

Damn that's clean! Is it a pain to do?

It depends on what you're trying to acheive, my builds are usually outlandish so they are a pain but a good purposeful retro can be done in a day or a weekend.

It depends on what you're trying to acheive, my builds are usually outlandish so they are a pain but a good purposeful retro can be done in a day or a weekend.

what fogs are those?

Love the setup. Old thread, I know, but did you ever get any better pictures? I finally did my first retro a month or two back, and am itching to go all out and do another one, including the fogs.

Are these the lights you put in the fogs? How hard was that? And what halo's are those, I dont see any mention of these having halo's.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/morimoto-xb-led-fog-lights-ford-f150-platinum.html#.VwQKbRIrLaY

Also, what size halo are you running in the blinker? I am aiming for all switchbacks.

Planning on the Panamera switchback shrouds, the look is awesome, plus the built in switchback halo is great. Switchback halo in the blinker area, and then a switchback square halo down in the foglight. No blinker bulb at all. Halo's will all be on and white when my parking lights are on, and then all flash amber when my blinker is on.

Love the setup. Old thread, I know, but did you ever get any better pictures? I finally did my first retro a month or two back, and am itching to go all out and do another one, including the fogs.

Are these the lights you put in the fogs? How hard was that? And what halo's are those, I dont see any mention of these having halo's.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/morimoto-xb-led-fog-lights-ford-f150-platinum.html#.VwQKbRIrLaY

Also, what size halo are you running in the blinker? I am aiming for all switchbacks.

Planning on the Panamera switchback shrouds, the look is awesome, plus the built in switchback halo is great. Switchback halo in the blinker area, and then a switchback square halo down in the foglight. No blinker bulb at all. Halo's will all be on and white when my parking lights are on, and then all flash amber when my blinker is on.

I did not get a chance to do a full photo set on them like i normally would, a few days after the post someone backed into the driver side of my bumper destroying the foglight housing on that side of the truck, it was a pretty hard impact that let my bumper cover damn near dragging across the ground.

Those are the ones I used, installation was time consuming, don't really know how to better describe it, i've been retrofitting for a long time now so to me it was too bad of an install but to someone else it may be hell lol.

I use the Type B Square halos in the foglights, I have a matchbox projector where my factory turn signal was and that uses a 60mm halo, my main headlights use the 80mm and 100mm halos

Damn, that really blows. I am honestly nervous just about every time I drive that some asshat will cut me off or something and thats what id be most pissed about, my headlights taking the hit.

Thanks for the info, i'm going to give those fog lights a shot, they look so good. How was the output with those? If its not great, I might just run the halo's down there, because at $200, I would expect pretty good output lol

I just googled that matchbox projector, thats crazy, I never knew they made them that small. That might be a good option for the fogs as well, maybe with some cutoff shield modification to make it a flat cutoff. (If it has the angled cutoff). Do/did you use those with your lows and highs?

Sorry for asking so many questions, the retrofit world is so fascinating to me lol

Back