Couple questions about my new 2016 Sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Couple questions about my new 2016 Sport

I just took a look underneath the car as I was coming in from work. I didn't see any type of locking or anything. I did see some clips, so I Am assuming that all you need to do is to pull. I personally didn't sit there and messed with it, just gave it a pull and it didn't come off so on I went. I'll have more time in the weekend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How to get the hitch cover off the '16 Sport

There is a depression near the bottom of the hitch cover in the middle that you put your fingers in.

Lift upwards and then out towards you. There are two tabs along the bottom of the cover that need to be disengaged. Hopefully this helps.

There is a depression near the bottom of the hitch cover in the middle that you put your fingers in.

Lift upwards and then out towards you. There are two tabs along the bottom of the cover that need to be disengaged. Hopefully this helps.
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:

Peter

Come on folks, two screw tabs on either side of the cover, twist 90 degrees and pull down. Starting to lose my faith in humanity here! ;) :salute:

Loses "hope in humanity" because of an incorrect assumption.. :thumbsup:

I am still waiting for someone with a 16 to do a video of how to take it off properly, lol. I seriously don't want to break it.

Been towing with my '16 all winter. Just pull from the bottom and then from the bottom right or lift side then the tops comes right off. To put back on, do the opposite. Easy peasy - I have had no issues.

Been towing with my '16 all winter. Just pull from the bottom and then from the bottom right or lift side then the tops comes right off. To put back on, do the opposite. Easy peasy - I have had no issues.

I tried this too, still cant get it off. After pulling out on the bottom I have pulled down on either side with no avail. Pulled hard too. I think I am going to break something. Going to dealer to have them take it off.

Back