High Pitched whine on 02 EB | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

High Pitched whine on 02 EB

Has anyone found their whine yet? My 04 is doing this, it started before the trans died. I put a new trans in this summer and it was fine until the cold weather. Mine is definitely only under light load, seems to be mostly either 2nd or 5th gear. The noise stops immediately if increase or decrease throttle input.

I've been over the engine and can't find any vacuum leaks. I think it sounds like a hydraulic noise.

Are there any ford techs on here with experience? I can't reproduce the noise in my shop it will only do this while the car is moving.

Any help would be appreciated.

I just noticed tonight while driving that the whine stops with the overdrive off. Anyone else make this observation?

I think that it is more than likely trans related. It seems to be when the tcc on at cruising speeds under light load.

I just noticed tonight while driving that the whine stops with the overdrive off. Anyone else make this observation?

I think that it is more than likely trans related. It seems to be when the tcc on at cruising speeds under light load.
Did you ever figure this out? My 04 just started making high pitched whine around 60 MPH. If I turn off overdrive or let off the gas, the whine goes away.

Back