2003 Sport is no more - parting out | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Sport is no more - parting out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rolled my 2003 Sport and totaled it. It wrecked the body but the mechanics are still good. The engine and transmission run fine and are good. As well as the interior.

2003 Sport
88,000 miles
4.0L SOHC
M5ODR1-HD manual transmission
gray interior
2WD

The interior is good but most of the panels have some scratching and wear on them. Typical condition for a vehicle of it's age. The seats are in good shape. No rips or tears. Normal wear on them and some dirt on the front seats. The back seats haven't been used much. It has a long center console that I added. I think I may be keeping that though. It also has an overhead console that I added. The roof got pushed in where it is so it may be damaged. If it's not I may keep that also.

I'm not going to part out the engine. I would prefer it go as a unit. It would be nice if the engine and transmission could go as a unit.

Sorry I don't have more detailed information on some of the stuff. It just got wrecked, and we just got dumped on with two feet of snow so I haven't been able to really address it yet. But I wanted to get it out there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm fine. This happened on Thursday on the way back from Arkansas. My cousins beat me up more in Arkansas then the accident. It wasn't an ideal situation. I only had 2wd with rain only street tires on it. I drove through 500 plus miles of snow and ice in Tennessee and Virginia fine. After that about 30 minutes from home I was having a good old time driving I-70 which was totally clear and dry. I had been on the road for a long time and not paying as much attention as I should have. I got off of 70 onto an exit ramp which was still covered with snow too fast and that was all she wrote. Didn't have a chance. Slid off the ramp sideways down an embankment, hit a stump or something which rolled me onto the roof.

Dang,, , Glad you're okay,,
sorry to see another one go,, :(

Wow, so sorry to hear this Brian. As said, so glad your alright. What a bummer to almost make it home, and that happens. Best of luck with salvage and sales. Someone needs a lower mile heart transplant I'm sure. :thumbsup:

Would you be interested in selling it whole? Feel free to send me a PM.

Do you have the auxiliary relay box cover

I realize the whole vehicle sale is pending, but would either you or the buyer be interested in selling the center console? I've got the bag type center console, and they sell for hundreds on ebay, so I've been searching the forums to see if someone is selling my generation and color. Anyways, if either one of you is interested, send me a PM and let's make a deal.

Subscribed to hear if it sells. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back