What's your MFT wallpaper? Please share!! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your MFT wallpaper? Please share!!

r2d2_1_19043_6239_thumb.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Explorer MFT Wallpaper

Hi everyone,
I created a few wallpapers that are specific to the Explorers 8" MFT Screen. I will share a link below of wallpapers that are all sized to 800x384 pixels which is what the Sync software / display requires. The files are .png not .jpg so the quality is a little better, and actually seems to work better on the Ford screen.

Please feel free to download any or all of the images ... use them, alter them, share them ... I just wanted to add something to this site, as so many of you have already helped me so much with various tips and advice. I am a home based computer consultant (geek), and not specifically a professional artist, but I "dabble" ... so if any of you have any relatively simple ideas you'd like (simple, because like I said I am not a Photoshop professional!), I can make more ... Free of charge of course and time permitting ... for example, anyone want to see some backgrounds with sports team logos or flaming skulls?

Here is the link ... The first image is just some logos and examples ... all of the other images are "wallpaper size" for download:
http://imgur.com/a/tT7gC#0

Also, here is a brief refresher of how to load these into your Explorer for those who may be unsure:

In order to set your wallpaper, you must first load photos into the system before you can select the one you want, or use the Default Photo:
• Press Settings > Display > Edit Wallpaper
• Make sure you have a properly formatted photo(s) on a USB or SD Card and it’s inserted into the media hub:
– File formats: .jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp
– Maximum fi le size: 1.5MB
– Maximum number of photos: 32
– Recommended dimensions: 800 x 384 pixels
• Select Add USB/SD
• Select the file you want when it shows up on the screen, and then select Add Photo to upload it into the system (up to 32 photos can be saved)
• To set the wallpaper, press Settings > Display > Edit Wallpaper, and then select either the Default Photo or one of your photos from the saved photos list
• Once you’ve selected the photo you want displayed, select Save and hit the Home button to see how it looks!

Batman-Day-July-23rd.jpg

Since my last name is Batts, we embrace the Bat in our family.

Welcome to the Forum blknght22571.:wavey:
As you can see, your picture is waaay to big. It is best to try and keep them to a max of 800 X 600.

Peter

Sorry about that. Wasn't trying to blow up everyone's screen.

Sorry about that. Wasn't trying to blow up everyone's screen.
No big problem, it's just that you have to scroll R/L to see the whole picture.

Peter

I will have to try this tonight when I get home and upload to my EX

Here's mine:

Link

The matching vinyl sticker for the back glass is on the way.

Here is mine (i need to revise the resolution of the source file/image)
20150513_164914-M.jpg

Made a custom wallpaper today for some fun...

Click here to view. Thank you to those who shared tips.

Darren

How the heck do I change my wallpaper? That's awesome!

How the heck do I change my wallpaper? That's awesome!
It is all in the Owner's Manual. From your Manual;

Uploading Photos for Your Home
Screen Wallpaper

Note: You cannot load photos directly from your camera. You must access the photos either from your USB mass storage device or from an SD card.

The system allows you to upload and view
up to 32 photos.

Size should be 800 X 384. Settings/Display/Edit Wallpaper

Peter

Amazing thanks Peter

Is there anyway that you can resize a picture to fit the 800 X 384 pixel size that doesn't distort the picture. Most of my photos were taken in the vertical position on my iPhone. When I convert them to the 800 X 384 pixel size in Windows Paint, the photos are distorted. I have a few pictures taken in the horizontal position and they seem fine.

Is there anyway that you can resize a picture to fit the 800 X 384 pixel size that doesn't distort the picture. Most of my photos were taken in the vertical position on my iPhone. When I convert them to the 800 X 384 pixel size in Windows Paint, the photos are distorted. I have a few pictures taken in the horizontal position and they seem fine.
I'm not aware of any software that can convert a vertically taken picture to a more standard horizontal one without some distortion. Even when I changed my 'normal' photo to 800 X 384, there was some distortion in that it was 'stretched'. Not saying it can't be done, just that I'm not aware of the software to do it nor have I attempted to do it with what I have. Perhaps some other member may have more info on this. Good luck.

Peter

800 X 384 is an unusual aspect ratio so use your image with that in mind that it could change the appearance slightly.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If the pixel ratio is changed from the recommended 800 X 384, will the wallpaper not fill in the MFT screen completely? What other pixel ratio's have worked for other people that have pictures taken with a vertical bias?

Back