• Register Today It's free!

2016 Sport price

Hermanesfd

Reaction score
City, State
Essex CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Hello all, I'm new to the forum but have been a member of others for some time now, figured with the new purchase of my explorer sport I should join.

Figured I would share my experience for pricing for those interested or those who are about to purchase. I purchased my 16 explorer sport in the Magnetic Gray, only options on the vehicle were nav and LED fog lights so MSRP was $45,390. After much negotiation I was able to get the dealer to $39,999 with two years of oil changes. I added the rain guards as well. My out the door price with tax reg and trade ($11,000) was $31,500.

Personally I think that is not to bad!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello all, I'm new to the forum but have been a member of others for some time now, figured with the new purchase of my explorer sport I should join.

Figured I would share my experience for pricing for those interested or those who are about to purchase. I purchased my 16 explorer sport in the Magnetic Gray, only options on the vehicle were nav and LED fog lights so MSRP was $45,390. After much negotiation I was able to get the dealer to $39,999 with two years of oil changes. I added the rain guards as well. My out the door price with tax reg and trade ($11,000) was $31,500.

Nice deal! What incentives did you get in that deal? I'm curious what the negotiated price was before any incentives.

Nice deal! What incentives did you get in that deal? I'm curious what the negotiated price was before any incentives.

My total incentives were $1950. $1450 off the promo and $500 first responder discount. So $41,949 before incentives. By my calculations that is $81 below their dealer hold-back before incentives.

My total incentives were $1950. $1450 off the promo and $500 first responder discount. So $41,949 before incentives. By my calculations that is $81 below their dealer hold-back before incentives.

Nice! Congrats!

2016 Ruby Red Sport with 401A, sunroof, adaptive cruise (best option ever), weather mats, bucket seats MSRP $52,805 before incentives I was at $49,800. Probably not a steal but I had to get a dealer transfer to find the Explorer I wanted.

Overall I am very happy with the purchase. I traded a 2011 Limited in a little over a year ago for a Toyota 4-runner. I got suckered into the way they looked! After a year of my 2 now 3 year old kicking the back of the seat because there was not enough room between the front and back seat we decided to trade it in. I know the GM at the Ford place and he gave me a good bit more for the trade to help me out more than I expected.

I got the Explorer 3 weeks ago. It would be a month on the 27th. We got the 400 package with Twin panel moonroof, LED fogs, and voice activated navigation. The sticker price was $46,040.00 after "negotiations" we got it down to $42,999 and the out the door price after taxe,title and registration was $46,174. I personally don't tend to have goo experiences at dealerships.

I got the Explorer 3 weeks ago. It would be a month on the 27th. We got the 400 package with Twin panel moonroof, LED fogs, and voice activated navigation. The sticker price was $46,040.00 after "negotiations" we got it down to $42,999 and the out the door price after taxe,title and registration was $46,174. I personally don't tend to have goo experiences at dealerships.

That's still not a bad price, I feel like I caught them at the right time to strike a good deal. The guy even told me they could never do this again

That's still not a bad price, I feel like I caught them at the right time to strike a good deal. The guy even told me they could never do this again

It's their job, they know what to say. When I got my custom White X sport with 401A package and a few other minor things included, MSRP 49K, got a true car discount of 4.7K off, which included $500 Ford manufacturers rebate and Truecar discount. After salesperson speaking to manager I got it to 5.7K off from MSRP, under, 2+K invoice because the manufacturers rebate was increased by $950.
"What else do you want?" "Look what you already got" and showed me 5.7K off. Salesman turned his monitor towards me and started showing me the invoice numbers on his screen.

I say go for at least 10% from MSRP as they will be rolling out 2017's soon.

I paid $46,730 for my 2016 Magnetic Metallic with 401a, Pano sunroof, and LED Fogs. Sticker was $50,565. They also gave me $2k more ($14k) for my trade in.

It was a dealer trade. They had to drive to VA to get it.

Update: Here is my actual breakdown
Sales Price Sub-Total: $46,730.00
Trade Allowance: $14,000.00
Difference: $32,730.00
Tax: $1,963.80
Tag and Title Fees: $271.50
Documentation Fee: $0.00
Total: $34,965.30
Trade Payoff: $0.00
Rebate: $1,450.00
Balance Forward: $33,515.30

I had another local quote for $44,896 +tax/tag/dp fees but they only would offer 12k for my trade.

What engine do you have?

Back