New Explorer Lunging forward | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Explorer Lunging forward

BradO

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Limited
Has anyone experienced this issue?
Sitting at a drive thru on a slight incline my Explorer started to lunge forward.
It only has 8,000 miles on it. It's only done it once. I plan to have the dealer check it out at my next service but was wondering if this is a common problem.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sitting at a drive thru on a slight incline my Explorer started to lunge forward.
It only has 8,000 miles on it. It's only done it once. I plan to have the dealer check it out at my next service but was wondering if this is a common problem.
Not common. In fact I don't recall reading about this happening before here.

Peter

Yes used to happen to my 2013 XLT, if I had the 4x4 screen on the dog you could watch the front wheels moving on the screen and the engine revving slightly. Never found a fix for it before I traded it for the sport.

For some reason I can't expand on the link, but this maybe a TSB for you.

3.5L TI-VCT-ROLLING/SURGING OR LOW IDLE DURING A/C OPERATION
TSBID: 191956 Mfg Num: 15-0149 Issue Date: 2015-10-05

Affects 2015 with the 3.5l Good luck

Thanks everyone. I'll check out the TSB

Mine does that same thing and dealer told me it was normal..... Guess i'm going to do some research on that TSB and head back there since my complaint was made while it was still under warranty. It is still under the powertrain warranty also.

For some reason I can't expand on the link, but this maybe a TSB for you.

3.5L TI-VCT-ROLLING/SURGING OR LOW IDLE DURING A/C OPERATION
TSBID: 191956 Mfg Num: 15-0149 Issue Date: 2015-10-05

Affects 2015 with the 3.5l Good luck

Where did you find that TSB info? I can't seem to find anything about it...

Google

BBBindustries

Thank you for posting that TSB. I brought mine in for a check engine light and they are replacing the cats under warranty. While it's there, they are going to perform that TSB. Service guy said it's a PCM update.... Hopefully that fixes the lunging cause it is kind of annoying when your in line at the drive through and it happens.

Vic

I took my 2015 Explorer today to have the oil changed and told the dealer the idle was rough when the heater was on. They reprogramed PCM per TSO 15-0149 and fixed the issue.

Back