• Register Today It's free!

Exhaust upgrades

VF_MIKE

Reaction score
City, State
Pennsauken, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer XLS

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Magnaflow kit, absolutely.

I got the Gibson. It sounds a little louder than stock but isn't raspy like most v6 engines get wth an exhaust. Nice interior sound. I looked at the magnaflow but didn't want to pay an extra $200 for it.

I ordered the Magnaflow today. Got it for $430 shipped so could not pass up.

Good stuff, magnaflow sounds better the longer shes on ya rig mate.

Received the MagnaFlow today. Wil be installing on Sunday. Finally getting some decent weather so can get some time with the X.

Mission complete. Much better than stock. Next project tires and lift.

My buddy has a Magnaflow also and it sounds good. I have a Gibson stainless exhaust and I like how it sounds at cruising speeds. It screams when you accelerate. There's no annoying noise in the cabin.

If you have access to a decent muffler shop, you could just buy a 50 series flow master 2.5" (center in/center out looks like it would work best) and have them weld that in behind the rear cat. My shop charged $150 for the pipe and work and the muffler was about $100 shipped from Amazon.

The parts cost is a lot less and the labor is the same as you will want to have your exhaust kit welded up whichever direction you go. On an 02 Explorer, where the exhaust system is just pipe from the rear cat on back, having a shop chop out the old muffler and replace it winds up being a very straightforward swap.

Back