whoops | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

whoops

Thought i would share seen this on facebook.

Attachments

• 92063ae1b411d85222f3209e09d0f4e3e9ecb7c9.png
    92063ae1b411d85222f3209e09d0f4e3e9ecb7c9.png
    410.6 KB · Views: 692

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ouch..

Wow how did that happen?!

Bad day for someone who put this on the rack. Hopefully no one was hurt. Shop will be fixing more than they bargained for free now.

Consensus on the web seems to be user error, although on shop forums mechanical failures are not unheard of.

This is a normal procedure for a 5.0.

They couldn't get the oil drain plug out of the oil pan so they're trying to drain the oil from where the oil filter mounts . . .

Looks posed/deliberate. Rear arms seem under the rear axle, no "fall" damage to front bumper and no scrape damage from front arm on rocker panel, door or mirror.

It's very difficult to have a car fall off a maintained hoist..
The arms would have to swing out from underneath or sheer through sheet metal in the front. Unless the arm locks were tampered with, this should not happen.

It's very difficult to have a car fall off a maintained hoist..
The arms would have to swing out from underneath or sheer through sheet metal in the front. Unless the arm locks were tampered with, this should not happen.

I agree, see also damaged.

Case study 2.
No one, NO ONE in their right mind would do this intentionally.
( see two arms raised and two arms not )

camaro1_zpsdfi0wjzq.jpg

I agree, see also damaged.

Case study 2.
No one, NO ONE in their right mind would do this intentionally.
( see two arms raised and two arms not )

camaro1_zpsdfi0wjzq.jpg

This is why you don't play with the arm pivot locks, leave them alone, and make sure the side locks work properly..

I've had cars up on hoists with only 2 opposite arms actually making contact. I know it's not a good idea but a car won't fall off the hoist like that.

If that happened to me with a car like that I would just go outside and clean me ears with a .45

If that happened to me with a car like that I would just go outside and clean me ears with a .45

definitely not a good day at work....

My in laws own a shop and one of the workers caught a Ford Raptor on fire while it was on the lift. They replaced it with a new Explorer Sport

If I owned the Raptor and an Incompetent worker set it on fire, The shop had better get me another Raptor. NOT an Explorer sport.

That's what the guy wanted... I would want another Raptor too

If I owned the Raptor and an Incompetent worker set it on fire, The shop had better get me another Raptor. NOT an Explorer sport.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back