Replacing Seat Filters | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Replacing Seat Filters

Just when back to the Amazon page and it looks like there are several other buyers who had the same issue. When I ordered them I just typed in the part number from the service manual and the part looked right on the website. I am not sure if it is an amazon problem or a quirk with Ford but it seems like it is an issue with the newer orders as buyers prior to 2015 got the filter with their order. One mentioned there was a part number change for the paper filter itself but gave no help as to what that new number might be.

I think I will give ebay a try and cross my fingers if no one else has a place that is reliable and cost effective alternative. If that doesnt pan out I guess I will just bite the bullet and go to my local dealer.

Try Summit: http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/mof-fs104/overview/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just want to make sure ford did not redesign the part or change the part number on me. I attached photos of the filters that are in place and the filters I received from amazon. The replacement filters should have the same white fuzzy filter on them and not just the black plastic plate with small holes.
IMG_1490_zpsqfinbs13.jpg

I got mine from o'rielly auto parts. Same motorcraft # about $29 each. However if you hardly ever use them like my wife, just remove and inspect as they are probably fine.

Seat Filters OMG $$$$

Does anyone know of a reasonable place to purchase the climate seat filters?
I have a 2013 Ford Explorer. Thank you for your response!

Does anyone know of a reasonable place to purchase the climate seat filters?
I have a 2013 Ford Explorer. Thank you for your response!
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
I used the Forum's handy 'Search' feature to find this existing thread and merged yours with it. Also, although it shouldn't make a difference in responding to this post of yours, it would be very useful if you added the 'trim' level (Base, XLT, etc) to your profile so it always appears in the margin. Thanks.

Peter

Interesting, the 2016 Manual says this:

Climate Controlled Seat Air Filter Replacement
Your vehicle is equipped with lifetime air filters that are integrated with the seats. Regular maintenance or replacement is not required.

Wow... I know its getting harder to work on the newer models, but I'm still hoping for a Haynes or Chilton manual to do basic to intermediate stuff.

Look up the ALL DATA subscription or whomever else does the Ford Dealer shop manuals.

I get them for my GM cars - it's worth the extra penny over the basic chilton or some others.

the extra detail and the listings of codes etc - is well worth it IMO.

Look up the ALL DATA subscription or whomever else does the Ford Dealer shop manuals.

I get them for my GM cars - it's worth the extra penny over the basic chilton or some others.

the extra detail and the listings of codes etc - is well worth it IMO.

Helm Inc makes the shop manuals for Ford. Alldata copies them to put all OEMs in one system.

helminc.com sells the service manual cds/dvds for $170. Used to have paper copies but everything is now digital.

Alldata has a DIY version that is pretty cheap in my opinion. 1 year subscription is $27 and 5 years is $45. That is only for 1 specific car model/year.

Your vehicle is equipped with lifetime air filters that are integrated with the seats. Regular maintenance or replacement is not required.

Man dealers service departments must be punching walls all over the us huh lol.

Dealership Rip Off

My Ford dealership wants $25 for each filter. I found them at O'Reily Auto Parts and they want $30 each.
HIGHWAY ROBBERY!
At most they are worth $5 each, probably really only about $1.95 each!
I will find a alternate way to replace these.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks to all

My Ford dealership wants $25 for each filter. I found them at O'Reily Auto Parts and they want $30 each.
HIGHWAY ROBBERY!
At most they are worth $5 each, probably really only about $1.95 each!
I will find a alternate way to replace these.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks to all
Stick with the OEM filters. Apparently in the 2016 models the filters are permanent ones.

Peter

I believe the newer models only have a screen and no filter like the older ones. I bought mine for a 2012 limited at Oriellys for about $ 30 each I had about 50,000 miles and then I compared the old to the new one I couldn't tell any difference so I kept the old ones for future use. They are very easy as the cover just twist off and back on.

I believe the newer models only have a screen and no filter like the older ones. I bought mine for a 2012 limited at Oriellys for about $ 30 each I had about 50,000 miles and then I compared the old to the new one I couldn't tell any difference so I kept the old ones for future use. They are very easy as the cover just twist off and back on.

Are they something you could take off and clean like the filters in a Dyson vacuum?

Or are they paper so no water or compressed air?

the ones for mine are more like a pad of some sort of plastic and could probably be washed. They are very east to remove just push seat forward and up the reach under from back floor and twist, I believe counter clockwise to remove. Does not twist much as there are slots, and the cover and filter come off.

Has anyone compared 2016 filters to prior years to see if they are actually different, or how much different.

Seems like I saw a post where somebody bought new ones from amazon or ebay and all they were was a screen similar to the cover o my 2012 and would only keep material from entering the fan and not filter the air.

Just checked amazon. they call for motorcraft fs-104 $24 something. Ebay had same thing for $22 something. They are listed for 2015's and does not have any
filter media in them.

Yeah I noticed the same thing...Pg 154 of manual...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's ^^^ what I came in to add as well, seems to be an update/upgrade on the 2016+ (page 154) Interesting to see how things change/evolve or find not really needed to service. I would wonder if for piece of mind the 16+ are changeable?

Back