New Guy with Explorer Sport Questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Guy with Explorer Sport Questions

poncharello

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum, but spent a lot of time over at the F150 forum over the years. I always appreciated the feedback from the folks on these sites. I'm considering trading the F150 and picking up a 2015 Explorer Sport with 14,000 miles on it. I have a few questions if anyone cares to offer some feedback.

The description on the dealer site is thorough, but seems to be taken directly from the Ford website, so i am not quite sure about it's accuracy. I already determined they had the color wrong. The VIN is 1FM5K8GT7FGB94391 - Stock # C62048A in case someone can get some info from that. My specific questions are as follows:

Are there just heated seats, or both heated and cooled. Is it for both front and rear?

Does it have power retractable mirrors?

Heated steering wheel?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum, but spent a lot of time over at the F150 forum over the years. I always appreciated the feedback from the folks on these sites. I'm considering trading the F150 and picking up a 2015 Explorer Sport with 14,000 miles on it. I have a few questions if anyone cares to offer some feedback.

The description on the dealer site is thorough, but seems to be taken directly from the Ford website, so i am not quite sure about it's accuracy. I already determined they had the color wrong. The VIN is 1FM5K8GT7FGB94391 - Stock # C62048A in case someone can get some info from that. My specific questions are as follows:

Are there just heated seats, or both heated and cooled. Is it for both front and rear?

Heated steering wheel?

Why don't you simply call the dealer directly and ask them to confirm???

Why don't you simply call the dealer directly and ask them to confirm???

The dealerships in NC aren't open at midnight which is when I asked the question. Also, it is a Subaru dealership that got the basic color of the truck wrong in their description, so my confidence level on the accuracy of the information is not at an all time high.

Yes, can tell by the pictures that it has the button on the armrest for the retractable mirrors and also the buttons on the MFT for heated/cooled seats and heated wheel.

No clear picture about the heated rear seats though so not sure on that one.

Heated steering wheel?

Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
It has heated/cooled seats. Go to the following site and click on the Vehicle tab and plug in your VIN. It will show all the features for that vehicle.
https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do

Peter

Yes, can tell by the pictures that it has the button on the armrest for the retractable mirrors and also the buttons on the MFT for heated/cooled seats and heated wheel.

No clear picture about the heated rear seats though so not sure on that one.
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:

Peter

Heated steering wheel?

Heated and cooled are an option. They were with the 401a package in 2016. I would assume it is the same for 2015.

Heated Steering wheel again is an option. Included with 401a package

My 2016 has retractable mirrors and the ford brochure says the 2015's do as well.

http://www.ford.com/services/assets/Brochure?make=Ford&model=Explorer&year=2015&postalCode=54017

Post the link to the truck and we can look at the listing and give you more information. A quick way to tell if you have these features is to look in the SYNC system to see if the truck has the heated steering wheel button.

Thank you for all of the replies. This has been most helpful.

Back