ranger edge powerdome hood on a 2nd gen explorer ?????? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ranger edge powerdome hood on a 2nd gen explorer ??????

97cherbal

Reaction score
City, State
Puyallup,Wa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
I haven't seen an explorer with a ranger edge power dome hood on it yet, so im wondering if any one has done this or seen it done. I have the ranger edge power dome hood from a 2003 Ranger along with the fender & grill set on my 94 Ranger. The hood on my 98 explorer looks to have the same curves & angles yet I haven't done any measurements, let alone anything else since my industrial accident on Nov.5 when I broke my left wrist requiring surgery, broke 7 ribs, which one punctured a lung & had a large knot on side of head.

cant wait to be back to work,

I have been able to find mods after mods that I would like to do once im able to.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dont know about your question but damn dude i wish you a speedy recovery. sounds pretty aweful.

which ones were the power domes again they have the crease down the middle?

they have the cress down the center & are raised about 3" near the back of hood.

Thanks for the thought of getting better.

It will not fit. A ranger hood from a 93-97 will fit on an explorer but the radius where the hood lines up with the grill is a little different. The edge models will nowhere near meet up cleanly up front.

My entire front end on my 94 Ranger is updated to a 2003 Ranger edge style
4wd with the power dome hood & my original question was overlooked.

Would a 2001-2003 POWER DOME style hood fit onto the 95-2001 Explorers?

My entire front end on my 94 Ranger is updated to a 2003 Ranger edge style
4wd with the power dome hood & my original question was overlooked.

Would a 2001-2003 POWER DOME style hood fit onto the 95-2001 Explorers?

If you updated the whole front end on your 94 to the edge style I'd only assume you updated the grill as well as the header panel? The edge hood matches the curvature of the edge grill but not the slightly flatter radius of the explorer front grill. I know this because I was trying to do the same thing because I had a spare edge hood.
I ended up finding a cowl hood for a 93-97 ranger and had the nose of it re-glassed to make it match nice.

If you updated the whole front end on your 94 to the edge style I'd only assume you updated the grill as well as the header panel? The edge hood matches the curvature of the edge grill but not the slightly flatter radius of the explorer front grill. I know this because I was trying to do the same thing because I had a spare edge hood.
I ended up finding a cowl hood for a 93-97 ranger and had the nose of it re-glassed to make it match nice.

Thanks or the info & I didn't change the 94 header /radiator core support. What I did was make the opening for the headlight wiring larger to gain access for bulb removal & installed a daystar hood pin kit. drilled new holes in the inner fenders & welded nuts for the all 2003 fender bolt holes will be used for attachment to the 94 body

Back