How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
If you are connected properly, when you go to the configuration and programming tab it should list the modules that can be programmed/configured.

Select the module and click the play button.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you are connected properly, when you go to the configuration and programming tab it should list the modules that can be programmed/configured.

Select the module and click the play button.

Ok I'll try that didn't want mess anything up by hitting play button. I can't hurt anything by doing that? I did make a backup.

As long as you don't change anything all it does is read the configuration data.

THANKS. Got it to work on my Explorer. Can't get it to work on my Focus. It reads through block #5 then I get a "service procedure has been interrupted" error and it stops reading. Any ideas?

THANKS. Got it to work on my Explorer. Can't get it to work on my Focus. It reads through block #5 then I get a "service procedure has been interrupted" error and it stops reading. Any ideas?

No issues on the Explorer but on my 2000 Ranger it won't even get to reading the first block on my GEM. But it reads my RAPS module fine. Both use the ISO communication format. This is just on the C&P section. Code reads and actuator sections work fine.

I'm making a thread on the Forscan forum for this issue. Forscan team is pretty quick about answering within 24 hours.

I added my scenario to your thread as well. Hope you don't mind.

No problem. I sent them the log files and they responded that they are working on it.

If I have time this weekend I'll probably add a pin to the BCM and see if I get any type of signal for global close/open.

Nope. All in use. 302a limited pretty much is everything: lane assist, blind spot monitoring, active park assist, adaptive cruise control, navi, power liftgate, etc.

So you can turn on the DLRLs with the Forscan - iPhone version?

BM

No problem. I sent them the log files and they responded that they are working on it.

If I have time this weekend I'll probably add a pin to the BCM and see if I get any type of signal for global close/open.

Any further word from the forscan guys?

I had to send log files to them about 5 times, each time using a new version of forscan that they made. Finally worked and I was able to change the tire size.

I don't know if their fix will work for the focus, but I will PM you the link to the latest beta version they made for me.

If you haven't already send them the log files as outlined on their Contact page. Email them with a descriptions screenshot of what you have.

Can Forscan read the tire pressure? I've been looking for something to do this from my phone since Ford was lazy and didn't make this data available on the dash (like many other manufacturers now do.)

The other big ask would be to disable the horn beep for no key detected! I suspect that's a more complicated task as it's probably a true modification, not just a setting.

Can Forscan read the tire pressure? I've been looking for something to do this from my phone since Ford was lazy and didn't make this data available on the dash (like many other manufacturers now do.)

The other big ask would be to disable the horn beep for no key detected! I suspect that's a more complicated task as it's probably a true modification, not just a setting.

It can read individual tire pressures.

The horn beep probably is just a simple change a parameter in the body control module, we just don't know which one it is.

Individual tire pressures are now shown in the 2016 model. As for the double honk, that has also been solved but only on the 2016 models. Jason, jrm061, has a program that can be added to the IDS tool. Not sure if that can also be done with Forscan. Start at post 169 in this thread for info; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376063&highlight=beep+exit
I have also been able to prevent the horn beep by passing the key fob over the Securicode pad before closing the door thanks to another member's suggestion.

Peter

Individual tire pressures are now shown in the 2016 model. As for the double honk, that has also been solved but only on the 2016 models. Jason, jrm061, has a program that can be added to the IDS tool. Not sure if that can also be done with Forscan. Start at post 169 in this thread for info; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376063&highlight=beep+exit
I have also been able to prevent the horn beep by passing the key fob over the Securicode pad before closing the door thanks to another member's suggestion.

Peter

He is just changing a HEX code in the AS BUILT DATA. It's an electronic version of Bill of Materials. You send him your VIN and he pulls the factory AS BUILT DATA but modifies the HEX data to disable the feature. You get an *.AB file that is the new "bill of materials" and the dealer can upload this config file to your body control module.

The reason he has to do this is because in IDS, the address for the HEX code is not mapped so it is not listed as a changeable parameter like remote start to the technician.

This whole process is like mapping the human genome. You take two identical cars but with one thing different. Look at the as built data for both and see what is different. Take the difference and emulate it on the next car to see if now acts like the old car.

Cool thing about FORSCAN is you don't have to use a full *.AB config file if you know which HEX to modify.

Since someone says a 2012 doesn't do the double beep, we need to compare a 2012 with a 2013s As Built Data (must be pretty damn close in features). See what the difference is and that should narrow it down.

Once this area of the config file is figured out I can send the info to the Forscan team and they can add it to Program so all you have to do is go into the non-AS Built Data programming for body control module and either select enable or disable.

He is just changing a HEX code in the AS BUILT DATA. It's an electronic version of Bill of Materials. You send him your VIN and he pulls the factory AS BUILT DATA but modifies the HEX data to disable the feature. You get an *.AB file that is the new "bill of materials" and the dealer can upload this config file to your body control module.

The reason he has to do this is because in IDS, the address for the HEX code is not mapped so it is not listed as a changeable parameter like remote start to the technician.

This whole process is like mapping the human genome. You take two identical cars but with one thing different. Look at the as built data for both and see what is different. Take the difference and emulate it on the next car to see if now acts like the old car.

Cool thing about FORSCAN is you don't have to use a full *.AB config file if you know which HEX to modify.

Since someone says a 2012 doesn't do the double beep, we need to compare a 2012 with a 2013s As Built Data (must be pretty damn close in features). See what the difference is and that should narrow it down.

Once this area of the config file is figured out I can send the info to the Forscan team and they can add it to Program so all you have to do is go into the non-AS Built Data programming for body control module and either select enable or disable.
Thanks. I think that is what Jason is attempting to do. Find the difference, that is.

Peter

That's all encouraging on the double-beep! And I know the tricks that are supposed to make it not beep, but honestly it's most annoying when the key IS in the car. Probably happens to me at least once a month. The Ex starts normally but I get the double beep and 'no key detected'. I'd rather disable it altogether if that becomes an option.

Just to be clear on my other question, does the FORScan Lite app report tire pressure? Having to drag out a computer would defeat the convenience of checking electronically.

Thanks all.

That's all encouraging on the double-beep! And I know the tricks that are supposed to make it not beep, but honestly it's most annoying when the key IS in the car. Probably happens to me at least once a month. The Ex starts normally but I get the double beep and 'no key detected'. I'd rather disable it altogether if that becomes an option.

Just to be clear on my other question, does the FORScan Lite app report tire pressure? Having to drag out a computer would defeat the convenience of checking electronically.

Thanks all.

Yes. You have to scan the body control module and it will show. I've used an android tablet to figure out which tire was low before.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks. I think that is what Jason is attempting to do. Find the difference, that is.

Peter

Maybe we can accelerate the process.

CodeWest (if you are still subscribed),

You got Forscan? Can you read your Body control module and post the hex values (AS BUILT DATA)? Since you got a 2011 can you confirm if you have ever had the double honk when leaving the car while running?

Looks like this (but goes down to like 726-68-1):

BCM%20ABF%201.png

Back