No Emblems? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No Emblems?

MN Explorer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
Just bought a 2013 Explorer XLT and I absolutely love it! About a week after taking it home I realize it has no "XLT" or "4WD" emblems on the tailgate. It doesn't have an emblem on either side. Doesn't really bother me but I was just wondering if it is from the factory like that or did someone remove them?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just bought a 2013 Explorer XLT and I absolutely love it! About a week after taking it home I realize it has no "XLT" or "4WD" emblems on the tailgate. It doesn't have an emblem on either side. Doesn't really bother me but I was just wondering if it is from the factory like that or did someone remove them?

Welcome to the forum!
I don't think your Explorer came from the factory without the emblems, but never know. There are a lot of people that remove the emblems/badges for what ever reason. Worst case is that your Explorer was previously rear ended and the place that repaired it did not put emblems back on the new tailgate.
Good Luck.

No emblems

I removed mine ,I like a clean look.

There are none on the sides from the factory. Just the tailgate.

Thanks for the reply's. I never did get a carfax because I bought it from a reputable ford dealer...Hopefully it has a clean title. Not much I can do about it now anyways, I kind of like the clean look myself. Thanks!

Back