• Register Today It's free!

No Heat Problem! Anyone had this?

silverfox103

Reaction score
City, State
Littleton NH & St. Simons GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Lincoln Aviator
2003 Aviator, I always thought it had decent heat. My wife always complained it was cold. She'd be playing with the buttons adjusting everything. Drove me crazy! Never was warm. So I flushed the heater core out. Not much came out. Still complained. I'm roasting, she's freezing.

So, we're driving up from being down south for 3 months. The complaining starts again once we hit PA and it gets cold. I pull over into a rest stop, to see what the heck is going on. The heater has outlets on either side of the console. My side is roasting. I go over her side, and what do I see but a big pocket book and a book bag she keeps her reading material, all block the heater outlet on the console. I just shook my head........she moved her stuff and no more complaining.

Tom

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

iWKad22.jpg

Just a quick q. Do you feel cold air from inside the glove box while going down the highway? The fresh air door may be stuck open due to broken Actuator arm. I wired mine shut.

Just a quick q. Do you feel cold air from inside the glove box while going down the highway? The fresh air door may be stuck open due to broken Actuator arm. I wired mine shut.

Thanks Rocco,

You could be on to something. I know I did feel a draft in that glove box area. The Mrs. did make mention of that before. I will check it, but probably won't be able to check it for a few weeks. I will PM you later.

thanks

Tom

Back