Have any of the mods you've done...made your SUV look more like a cop car? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Have any of the mods you've done...made your SUV look more like a cop car?

Getting the front windows tinted is all it takes around here.

I also removed the pinstripes the dealer put on. If it had been silver and matched the wheels I'd have kept it. But GOLD? :thumbdwn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think the stock front grill does the most for that perception, then I added my radio antenna and driving lights. But of course the fact that this is a true Interceptor helps.

2015Interceptor416%20041_zpswckotgr4.jpg

Almost everytime I close on a speeder in the left lane (to use as a runner actually ...or to mess with their heads) they immediately decel to speed limit and guide right as soon as possible.

And I just don't know why.......
20160410_170121_zpsivsmqo7q.jpg

I think the stock front grill does the most for that perception, then I added my radio antenna and driving lights. But of course the fact that this is a true Interceptor helps.

2015Interceptor416%20041_zpswckotgr4.jpg

Is this a PI? I noticed no side mirror lights?

SurrealOne,
Yes this is a PI, I removed the stock mirror cap lights in favor of not being so obvious from the front.
Below is a photo from the dealer before I picked up the PI.

012_zps1ndzfegr.jpg

ahh now I see. I have never seen 'cap lights' like that. I have seen many PI and with the lights built in to the side mirrors but never an add on like that. does your PI come with the 3.7L?

I bought the 3.5L Twin Turbo with an interior upgrade and street appearance package, so on the inside its more comfortable and civilian like. The mirror cap lights are stock from Ford and Whelen.
The engine performance and handling are awesome and make the vehicle more fun to drive.

I bought the 3.5L Twin Turbo with an interior upgrade and street appearance package, so on the inside its more comfortable and civilian like. The mirror cap lights are stock from Ford and Whelen.
The engine performance and handling are awesome and make the vehicle more fun to drive.

WoW sweet ride and I really like the clean undercover look.. Good call on the package..I always think to myself would a 3.5L twin turbo with Livernois beat or out run the 3.7 PI fully loaded..
FWIW
I will not test this theory..
:salute:

The ride home today may have been the best yet..left lane doing the normal 80-85 that is done on the mass pike during rush hour ( when you can get traffic to thin) i must have had 6 cars in a row break..and move over to the middle late as soon as possible

12742120_10205856182903751_6737879553807597053_n.jpg

Scary site coming up from behind

My Blue Limited has limo tint all around, and two roof mounted antennas. I'm still amazed by how well this combo moves traffic :)

My Blue Limited has limo tint all around, and two roof mounted antennas. I'm still amazed by how well this combo moves traffic :)

This post is useless without pictures ;).

This post is useless without pictures ;).

LOL!! True! I actually searched and was surprised to see I have zero pics. I'll get some up when I get home from this road trip and de-bug my front end first :)

..speaking of, this job with driving aprox. 200 miles per day is really getting annoying in terms of getting rid of dead bugs and road tar. Might be time for clear plasti-dip

it seems like every time I move to the left lane people in front of me slow and move to the right lanes. I have no idea why:rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_0157.JPG
    IMG_0157.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 415

S1, where'd you come by the old school California plate? Haven't seen one like that since I moved away 30 years ago. (Fullerton) I like it. :thumbsup: LEO ever give you are hard time about it?

S1, where'd you come by the old school California plate? Haven't seen one like that since I moved away 30 years ago. (Fullerton) I like it. :thumbsup: LEO ever give you are hard time about it?
Thanks CD
Calif has started a new rerelease of the 60s plates and I got in on the first part of the program. It's a really big thing now in the Orange County area and spreading all over California now.
From the back it looks really slick with the yellow turn lights and the yellow and black plates I will take a pic at dusk to really show it off.. The plates and the tinted side mirror lights are two of my fav mods. Oh yes and my Livernois tune:thumbsup:

Way cool! I have old one with white and blue letters, and older still blue with yellow letters, but did not manage to keep one like yours. The black paint scheme on your Ex with black/yellow plate looks really gnarly and righteous! (as we used to say back in the 60's OC!!) Excel-lent!:thumbsup:

Way cool! I have old one with white and blue letters, and older still blue with yellow letters, but did not manage to keep one like yours. The black paint scheme on your Ex with black/yellow plate looks really gnarly and righteous! (as we used to say back in the 60's OC!!) Excel-lent!:thumbsup:

Yes I do recall the good old days of gnarly righteous and even excel-lent. Now everything is SICK!!!!!
So I got a few more photos that really show off the contrast of the black and yellow.
I had no idea I would ever say I like the mix of black and yellow but this IMHO works very subtle/clean looking :D

Attachments

• IMG_0169.JPG
    IMG_0169.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_0171.JPG
    IMG_0171.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 416

I had no idea I would ever say I like the mix of black and yellow but this IMHO works very subtle/clean looking :D

Being that my old hometown is Pittsburgh, PA...black and yellow (or gold) is a beautiful color combination :D

I just finished plastidipping my grill. I wonder if people getting out of my way is now in my future as well. I drive a lot on the highway so that may be a refreshing change.

Attachments

• front-3-small.jpg
    front-3-small.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 405

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Driving a white 15 sport and if a white or black explorer come up behind me I even get nervous! I also heard of people getting pulled over for having the "police interceptor" badge. So silly!

Back