Let's see your tow hook installs

BrianDye

I'll have another...
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT
Have all my lift stuff, now I'm just prepping for some other things. We're planning a few off road trips this year, though I'll stay on the mild trails, it would be nice to have some tow hooks installed front and back. I have a stock 1"(?) maybe 2" hitch in the back, it's a baby but I guess it would work if I had to pull/get pulled from the back.

My biggest concern is the front though. As far as I can tell, there's nothing.

There's that OEM tow hook that bolts to the crossmember up front for about $70, part number 1L2Z17A955AA but I don't want something that would most likely be buried in the mud. That doesn't help me at all.

I'm really hoping for some bolt on applications, as I don't have access to a welder, but my uncle has one. He's a good drive away though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know it's on a first gen.. but this is my hooks:

attachment.php

attachment.php

The hooks on my 3rd gen are from a F-150 or Expedition. Got them off Ebay with the hardware and bolted them right onto the frame rails, no cutting, drilling or welding needed.
DSC00623.JPG

DSC00624.JPG

Thanks for the pics guys, looking for some 4th gen members ideas, preferably bolt on like rkh58's hooks.

Some people have bought front tow bars and modded them (cut off tow bar attachments, weld on D-ring brackets or hooks), or others have bought front hitches and installed one of those D-rings+bracket for a 2in hitch receiver.

Back