Radio won't turn on | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Radio won't turn on

I've tried to restart my bluetooth session and did not work... I can connect it but we cant heard anything ... when ive got a call the sony radio detect it try to take call via the radio but did not heard anything... Dont wanna go to the dealer for that :( But i've seen somewhere when im entering my serial number that we got a recall on the sync program thats can be that ? dont know keep posting thanks!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you checked that the volume is turned up? Did you try pressing the switch on the steering wheel to increase the volume when you received the call? There have been software updates to the MFT but I'm not aware of any recall on SYNC. What MFT version are you on? The current version for you is V3.6.2.

Peter

It's beginning to look like gremlins in the circuitry. This could be one of those things that is hard to pin point.

I personally would not want to do this because I hate working on things in the cold - but next time the problem occurred, I'd pull it in somewhere for long enough to disconnect the battery cable, wait, then reconnect, and see if it would turn on. If it does, not temp related. If it still won't turn on, then you may be on to something.

There is this TSB...

Vehicle » Technical Service Bulletins » Customer Interest » Audio System - No Audio Output After Start Up

•Audio System - No Audio Output After Start Up

TSB 14-0169

09/12/14

NO AUDIO OUTPUT AFTER STARTING
FORD:
2013-2014 Edge, Explorer, F-150
LINCOLN:
2013-2014 MKX
ISSUE
Some 2013-2014 F-150, Explorer, Edge, and MKX vehicles may exhibit an intermittent concern of no audio output after starting the vehicle. This may occur during cold ambient temperatures or when abnormally low battery voltage levels are present.

ACTION
Reprogram the audio control module (ACM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 91.05 or higher. Make sure you are connected to the internet when entering module programming to guarantee you are receiving the latest updates. Calibration files may also be obtained at the website.
0.3 hr

OPERATION, DESCRIPTION AND TIME
WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.

ISSUE
Some 2013-2014 F-150, Explorer, Edge, and MKX vehicles may exhibit an intermittent concern of no audio output after starting the vehicle. This may occur during cold ambient temperatures or when abnormally low battery voltage levels are present.

ACTION
Reprogram the audio control module (ACM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 91.05 or higher. Make sure you are connected to the internet when entering module programming to guarantee you are receiving the latest updates. Calibration files may also be obtained at the website.
0.3 hr

Well, there you go. Wonder if this is all voltage related?

Same issue

Omg I just bought a platinum 2 weeks ago and the same thing is wrong. There are fewer Things I love in life than buying a 50k+ vehicle and things don't work.

I've had it happen on both my 2014 and now the 2016. So I know it's a recurring problem.

Of course this morning it was working. Which wasnt helpful on my 6 hour drive yesterday.

For those with MY2016 EX, when did you encounter this issue?
I've had my Sport since Nov of last year (5 months) and have already been through extreme temps below zero and haven't encountered this issue.

I have had my 2016 for one month, has 1200 miles on the clock. Happened for the first time yesterday. Started car at the car wash and radio would't work (thought the car wash was to blame :D) Went into Costco and came out, started the car and it was working again. So far today it has worked every time. I pray this isn't an issue that is going to get worse :(

I've had the same problem on my 2016 Platinum. No reason why or when it happens. Shutting the car off for 10 seconds does nothing. Shutting it off for 5 mins and everything is back to normal. Steering wheel functions don't work either when the radio goes out. Kind of annoying. Haven't taken it to the dealership yet.

This is also an issue on F150's with sync 3. No answer for them yet either.

Got home tonight, parked my 2016 Explorer Limited only 8K miles on it. Turned off car, radio was still playing as it usually does until you open the car door to exit, then is usually turns off the sound system but for the first time ever, the stereo stayed on but the screen went white. I got back into the car and tried to turn off the stereo via the main stereo on/off control but that did not work. I got out of the car again and closed the door but the stereo stayed on. I got back into the car, and started it, then turned it off, got out and closed the door and the stereo turned off as it should. Very strange, this is the first time I have had this happen.

Disconnect the negative battery terminal for about 10 seconds. This will reset everything and it will work fine. I've had to do this twice on my 2016.

And to the people who get on saying..."I've never had this problem"...who the hell cares. We have had it and are looking for a solution.

I have found that disconnecting the negative battery terminal works.

Disconnect the negative battery terminal for about 10 seconds. This will reset everything and it will work fine. I've had to do this twice on my 2016.

And to the people who get on saying..."I've never had this problem"...who the hell cares. We have had it and are looking for a solution.

I have found that disconnecting the negative battery terminal works.
Did you try a Master Reset first? A Master Reset will not result in everything losing power like a battery disconnect would.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...-disconnecting-negative-battery-cable.427676/

Peter

It doesn't work. You must disconnect the battery.

I haven't had this occur again on my 2016 after the dealer updated the Audio Control Module.

Got our 2013 Limited about a week ago and on several occasions the radio/entertainment system won't turn on. It happens when we have Sirius radio turned on and we turn the car off. When the car is next started the radio is off. You can't turn if on with the on/off button, the touch screen, or the steering wheel controls. The only way we have found that works is by using the voice command. Has any else experience this, and more importantly, how might you have resolved it? Thanks....
Did you ever figure out what was wrong with the Radio doing this? Mine is doing it now, I get its an older vehicle now but all the other electronics work just fine. Was it a cheap and easy fix or did you end up having to replace the whole radio? Please give advice. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

^^ Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Hopefully you will receive an answer soon. Although I haven't encountered that issue, I'm curious as to what, if anything, was done to fix it.

Peter

Back