Moab 2016 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2016

Been working on my tow rig too, trying to get these led headlights to work on my ram that uses switched ground instead of switched power. I got low beams no problem but I think I'll have to put in a switch for high beam, seems like the best solution other than wiring in a set of relays triggered by the dimmer switch!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Driveshaft is back.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 209

How do you like the slide action on this!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 211

Less then 4 weeks to go. Everything is starting to fall into place to make this a reality for me. 10 years sense the last visit.

Less then 4 weeks to go. Everything is starting to fall into place to make this a reality for me. 10 years sense the last visit.

What days are you traveling? Maybe we can caravan if it works out.

Can't believe it's been 10 years already.

What days are you traveling? Maybe we can caravan if it works out.

Plan is to leave Fresno Tuesday and stay in Mesquite NV Tuesday night. Arrive Wednesday evening in Moab. Leaving is more up in the air. We plan to wheel half a day Sunday then we are either heading home or going to Grand Junction. I will know more about that in the next few days.

Can't believe it's been 10 years already.

I know. I made the 10 year anniversary run and now the 20. Cheap gas is making it an easier decision.

:chug::rangertan:

My plan is to arrive Thursday afternoon. I might be up for a quick trail that afternoon. I am leaving Sunday but may also be up for a quick trail before leaving. My dad will be joining me this year, he hasn't been with me to Moab in a few years.

Any other HAMs running APRS? I will probably take mine along (it is a separate system from my other radios)

I really want to do Kane Creek and get to the Golden Crack this year.

I'm sure I will be working up to the last minute on my Explorer, still lots to get done.

My plan is to arrive Thursday afternoon. I might be up for a quick trail that afternoon. I am leaving Sunday but may also be up for a quick trail before leaving. My dad will be joining me this year, he hasn't been with me to Moab in a few years.

Any other HAMs running APRS? I will probably take mine along (it is a separate system from my other radios)

I really want to do Kane Creek and get to the Golden Crack this year.

I'm sure I will be working up to the last minute on my Explorer, still lots to get done.

I will join you on Golden Crack. :thumbsup:

Never been on Kane Creek. Need to read up on that trail before I say yes to it. lol

I really want to do the "big three" in a day again. Did it in the FJ in '13, but had to take a lot of bypasses. I would love to tackle everything in the Ex this time around. :D

Plan is to leave Fresno Tuesday and stay in Mesquite NV Tuesday night. Arrive Wednesday evening in Moab. Leaving is more up in the air. We plan to wheel half a day Sunday then we are either heading home or going to Grand Junction. I will know more about that in the next few days.

I know. I made the 10 year anniversary run and now the 20. Cheap gas is making it an easier decision.

I'm not leaving till Thursday early AM, so not going to work out. Going home Monday morning.

I will join you on Golden Crack. :thumbsup:

Never been on Kane Creek. Need to read up on that trail before I say yes to it. lol

I really want to do the "big three" in a day again. Did it in the FJ in '13, but had to take a lot of bypasses. I would love to tackle everything in the Ex this time around. :D

You'd love Kane Creek man! It was definitely one of my top 3 after doing a marathon of off-roading with Adamsbro last year! There is one crappy section at the end that took me a while to climb up, but we made it! Here is a more dramatic photo of Bryan trucking up that section:

11350489_1098810460136375_6019849077781996246_n.jpg

Glasken and I are heading up on the 19th from Phoenix (maybe the 18th if we can get it together in time) and we'll head home that Monday! Super excited to try some new trails!

I hope he didn't get all that body damage on Kane creek! lol

I have a winch, so I'm willing to try a bunch with others around to spot. BUT... I'm not ready to tear up the body just yet. lol

Some damn good looking rigs on this thread!

We will be there from the 19th-23rd. We will be bringing some friends in a couple of Jeeps, figured we can show them how its done =). Also have a bumper from James Cal on the way. With any luck it will be here before we leave for the trip.

We are planning on spending our nights out on BLM land near canyonlands, though we might look into getting a spot at the campgrounds if it isnt already booked up.

Cant wait to see you all there! We are up for just about anything save for the most hard core of trails, and even then we'd be happy to take bypasses and film the rest of you!

Some work so far on fixing the trans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYrrqyFUZ-w
Loads more parts to add before we leave. Kinda stressing out over it. :(

My wife and I (and the dog) will [hopefully] be arriving Thursday evening (19th) and probably leaving Monday morning (23rd)...BLM camping would be cheaper, but to keep all our gear at a site and not have to pack it up every morning/carry it with us on the trails will be worth the price to camp in my opinion. Stayed at Slickrock Campground last year and thought it was pretty good, decent price, and they still have tent spots available! :)

Are we group meal thing like you guys did in the past?
Just trying to start thinking of planning out meals

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Saturday night's dinner will be at 7pm at the Branding Iron:
http://www.susiesbrandingiron.com/

Branding Iron
2971 South Hwy 191, Moab, UT 84532

Moab Brewery and the Blue Pig are a couple other places which we have converged upon as well :D

Back