• Register Today It's free!

RPM fluctuation

Davids07

Reaction score
City, State
Rock Island, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Limited
I recently bought a 2007 explorer with about 125k miles and it started acting a little funny when I'm cruising around 40mph. The RPMs will fluctuate between 1750 and 2000 while I'm holding my foot steady on the gas. While it's doing this I feel a slight pull. I'm looking for some advice on where to start to fix this issue. Preferably lower cost first. Also looking forward to changing the plugs on this bad boy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I recently bought a 2007 explorer with about 125k miles and it started acting a little funny when I'm cruising around 40mph. The RPMs will fluctuate between 1750 and 2000 while I'm holding my foot steady on the gas. While it's doing this I feel a slight pull. I'm looking for some advice on where to start to fix this issue. Preferably lower cost first. Also looking forward to changing the plugs on this bad boy

What engine do you have ?

Had the same issue. Had a trans. shop do a pan drop on the transmission and refilled. Solved it. Didn't do a flush. Read on this site that it causes more problems than it solves.

Back