Changed Thermostat... broke a part :( | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Changed Thermostat... broke a part :(

jgauthier

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer 2007
Hey Everyone. I changed the thermostat in my 2007 Explorer tonight. When I was putting things back, I snagged on something and broke it. Unfortunately, I don't know what it is. I've attached a photo of it in place, and broken.

brokenthing.jpg

Can anyone tell me what this is so I can replace it? It's currently sitting on my desk being glued... but I'd prefer to just replace it.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For a quick fix just go buy a high temp rubber hose and clamps. Until you get a replacement.

Thanks guys! That looks like it's the one. I'll have to call my Ford parts place and see if they can get it. I can't find it on any of the local parts places.

Thanks guys! That looks like it's the one. I'll have to call my Ford parts place and see if they can get it. I can't find it on any of the local parts places.

there is a good chance your dealer is going to charge 4x the price of whitebearlake even after shipping costs.... make sure its the right part and order from that website! everybody here uses that dealers site to buy dealer only items

there is a good chance your dealer is going to charge 4x the price of whitebearlake even after shipping costs.... make sure its the right part and order from that website! everybody here uses that dealers site to buy dealer only items

The dealer sells it at the list price that's shown on the page you linked ($30.70 in this case). If the shipping is more than $10 you come out ahead buying it locally. Of course a larger order or more expensive part makes a lot more sense to order though.

The dealer sells it at the list price that's shown on the page you linked ($30.70 in this case). If the shipping is more than $10 you come out ahead buying it locally. Of course a larger order or more expensive part makes a lot more sense to order though.

good to know... the part on the post was around $28 after shipping to my door....i cant even remember the last time I walked into a dealers part dept

Back