2016 - 2018 Explorer Headlight Question | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 - 2018 Explorer Headlight Question

my only issue with the fan is really a matter of overheating or not working.

I mean how would you know if the fan was working or not - I'm sure you can't hear it with the car on.

so if it didn't work - would the bulb overheat and/or damage the wires?

Yeah, also the lifespan is 10.000 hours compared to others (30000 or even 50.000). I just ordered the same one he is using till i found a better one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No fan noise. I also can't hear the fans on my motorcycle. These are using the Osram LED chips, and I would fully expect them to last just as long as the Cree LED chips. In the 2016 Explorer high beam application that we are talking about, just how long do you plan on using the high beams? I would think even if they did only have a life span of 10,000 hours that they will out last the truck.

No fan noise. I also can't hear the fans on my motorcycle. These are using the Osram LED chips, and I would fully expect them to last just as long as the Cree LED chips. In the 2016 Explorer high beam application that we are talking about, just how long do you plan on using the high beams? I would think even if they did only have a life span of 10,000 hours that they will out last the truck.

That is true, not the 10.000 hours lol. I got the same set, I'm waiting for my car, it should be here next week. Do you have any recommendations on how to install them?

They were very easy to install. Remove the rubber cap, twist and remove existing bulb, install LED and ballast, put rubber cup back on. Test the lights before you put the rubber cap back on as they are sensitive to polarity...I had to reverse the plugs on mine.

They were very easy to install. Remove the rubber cap, twist and remove existing bulb, install LED and ballast, put rubber cup back on. Test the lights before you put the rubber cap back on as they are sensitive to polarity...I had to reverse the plugs on mine.

Thanks to you I'm gonna have my white lights setup, how is the quality of the high beam? is it good? better than stock halogen?

I think the output is better, but not hugely so.

do they flash quickly?

Instant on

2016 Ford Explorer White 6000K LED lights

I changed my LED high beam recommened by chaz to this one 9005 80W LED Cree and it works amazing, the clarity and patter is excellent, it's 9800 lumens vs 6400.

These are the ones i changed. Now I'm using them for my fog lights replacing these.

For backup lights i recommend these ones., i tried like 3 sets and those were the best ones.

For license plate, these.

Finally, for the puddle lights, these.

Check my attached photos.

High Beams
http://i.imgur.com/lpcqQrY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/l35pyMm.jpg

Low Beams with Fog Lights
http://i.imgur.com/OyxQOrn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/o2HpMT3.jpg

juanyunis, thanks for the write up. I followed your suggestions for my 2016 sport.

Does it matter which way the lights on the bulb are installed? Particular way like up or down? It was easy so I am afraid I did it wrong.
thanks!

juanyunis, thanks for the write up. I followed your suggestions for my 2016 sport.

Does it matter which way the lights on the bulb are installed? Particular way like up or down? It was easy so I am afraid I did it wrong.
thanks!
Which lights are asking for?

Sorry! The High Beam Lights.
Thx.

Ok, thank you very much!!
Spent more time researching this than it took to install these. But I do like them much better than the stock high beams.

Ok, thank you very much!!
Spent more time researching this than it took to install these. But I do like them much better than the stock high beams.
Yeah, it's better to read before doing anything lol, i spent a lot of time reading the forums to see how people changed the exterior lights and interior lights. I was able to change everything to LED, (Fog lights, High Beams, Front Signals, Rear signals, Reverse) and for the interior (vanity mirrors, glove box, map lights, 2nd row lights, 3rd row dome and trunk). I love how my Explorer looks like.

Yeah, it's better to read before doing anything lol, i spent a lot of time reading the forums to see how people changed the exterior lights and interior lights. I was able to change everything to LED, (Fog lights, High Beams, Front Signals, Rear signals, Reverse) and for the interior (vanity mirrors, glove box, map lights, 2nd row lights, 3rd row dome and trunk). I love how my Explorer looks like.
You changed front and rear signals?

Yes sir. Everything is LED in my Explorer.
Very interesting, considering they don't look accessible without separating the lens from the housing .

Very interesting, considering they don't look accessible without separating the lens from the housing .
They are very very easy to change, the front signals bulbs are below the high beam bulbs you just need to to twist the the bulb to the left to unlock it and then you can change it to a LED bulb. For the rear signals, is the same thing, the only difference is that you need to add a resistor or get a no resistor bulb (the ones i have they have a decoder and they don't need a resistor).

Front Bulbs: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PHTXWQS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Rear Bulbs: http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Error-Free-CREE-High-Power-7440-LED-Bulbs-p/20-009.htm (Make sure to select amber color) (If you get this one you need to locate the decoders in the space that is available in the tail lights)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

^ Thanks for that info. I just placed an Amazon order for that exact stuff.

Back