How many 2016 Sports run the Livernois Tuner? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many 2016 Sports run the Livernois Tuner?

I thought the SHO and Explorer tone would be the same. Its pretty much the same engine and the same exhaust system. That was an assumption, though.

Here is a clip of interior sound under light acceleration. Sorry for the background noise. It must be the rain. I'll try to make a nicer video with harder acceleration.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Even small things like the length and direction/tightness of bends will alter the end note.

Anybody have a sound clip of upgraded catted downpipes with stock catback?

Here you go from LMS themselves:

I think most will agree that just the catback sounds.........better :)
Unless you are a fan of the UPS truck sound.

Here you go from LMS themselves:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_rgo_YifVE

I think most will agree that just the catback sounds.........better :)
Unless you are a fan of the UPS truck sound.

They sound wildly similar! Overall noise level sounds the same. The downpipes sound slightly raspier. Nothing like what you were describing and surely not like a ups truck.

That being said, basing the purchase of any exhaust piece on YouTube videos is pointless.

Best $500 i spent.... de-tune when i take to dealer... really simple..
what a difference in performance...
buy it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so when you de-tune back to stock - wouldn't the 160F T-stat and 3-bar sensor create CEL issues? (potentially?)

so when you de-tune back to stock - wouldn't the 160F T-stat and 3-bar sensor create CEL issues? (potentially?)

When going back to stock tune you must re-install the 2 bar MAP sensor before starting the engine. The 160 thermostat is okay with the stock tune.

BlackJac is exactly right. If you are driving normally, there should not be a CEL produced. If there is one, no big deal the ECM thinks that it cannot get up to running temps. Nothing will be hurt by it.

Man o man o man!

20160410_170121_zpsivsmqo7q.jpg

Still digging the daylights out of this tune. It is now a hoot to drive anywhere. Will be looking into light exhaust mods and maybe a less restrictive front grill next.

That badging though!

Looks awesome [MENTION=288102]treadmarks[/MENTION]!!!!!! Glad to see you're loving the tune!

Those of you with 160 stat, how's heater work in the winter time?

anyone know what the stock map sensor is in 2016? I think it's 3bar already.

Those of you with 160 stat, how's heater work in the winter time?

anyone know what the stock map sensor is in 2016? I think it's 3bar already.

The heater works just fine.
The map sensor is right on top of the intake manifold, under the engine cover. Search for some pics. The stock one is a 2bar (don't confuse absolute and gauge pressure).

Thank you for your business! Don't forget that the tuner will arrive blank, and you have to retrieve data from your car and send it in. If you need help doing it we have 2 YouTube videos to walk you through it, or you can always reach out to us VIA phone, forum or email!

Installed! The exhaust is awesome. Sounds like it should. The best you can hope for with only 6 cylinders. No noticeable difference when just cruising around. Sounds great when started. The black tips are perfect. Just took off the chrome plastic things and it looks just fine. When you get on the throttle it sounds perfect. Performance is great. Only get 92 octane in my location but you can totally feel the difference. Worth every penny.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the catback!

Installed! The exhaust is awesome. Sounds like it should. The best you can hope for with only 6 cylinders. No noticeable difference when just cruising around. Sounds great when started. The black tips are perfect. Just took off the chrome plastic things and it looks just fine. When you get on the throttle it sounds perfect. Performance is great. Only get 92 octane in my location but you can totally feel the difference. Worth every penny.

Please post pics or a video of exhaust note.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What do you mean, you had to remove the nice square plastic things off from a lower bumper fascia? Could not you have let them alone if the actual catback exaust does not reach them? or do they? Can you post some pics? Did you get a front CAI too? Can't even find any videos on U tube with 16-17XP Sport. I will only invest a few grand or less only if I see someone with the actual mods.

Back