Aftermarket wheels | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket wheels

Even more so for my Vette. :eek::smoke:

Where is a good place to start looking for some new wheels? I have checked out Tirerack, Discount Tire a couple others that were listed on this thread. Didn't really see anything I just had to have. Right now I would like to keep 20s on it and I prefer something black or in gun metal. If that helps any. FWIW I checked with HRE, I have always loved their wheels and I knew they are expensive, but I didn't think they would be $7k expensive.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where is a good place to start looking for some new wheels? I have checked out Tirerack, Discount Tire a couple others that were listed on this thread. Didn't really see anything I just had to have. Right now I would like to keep 20s on it and I prefer something black or in gun metal. If that helps any. FWIW I checked with HRE, I have always loved their wheels and I knew they are expensive, but I didn't think they would be $7k expensive.

I bought my 22" wheels from Element Wheels. They have a huge selection on their website, but call them when ordering for the best experience...

http://velgenwheels.com

I bought my 22" wheels from Element Wheels. They have a huge selection on their website, but call them when ordering for the best experience...

+1. I also purchased my wheels from Element Wheels. Very easy to deal with.

Not sure how to easily upload pics on here yet (rookieprobs) but I have some XO Milan satin black 22's showing up Wednesday. I'll try and post pics soon after installed and a test drive.

Not sure how to easily upload pics on here yet (rookieprobs) but I have some XO Milan satin black 22's showing up Wednesday. I'll try and post pics soon after installed and a test drive.
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
The easiest way is to take out a $20 Elite membership that also helps to keep this site operating. You can then download right from your computer using the 'Manage Attachment' program.
Peter

I just put these wheels on my 2016 this past weekend. They look great, but wish I went with a lower offset...

Suggestion

I have a 2014 Base Black 4wd Explorer. I originally wanted 22inch after market rims yet the price for the tires is almost the same as the rim. Does anyone know if 20's will look to small?

That is a question only you can answer. Too small to some, is too big to others. Look at any Sport with OEM wheels. They are 20" and they look right to me. Do they look right to you? ....You have answered your question.

The day I ordered my car, I told my sales guy that I would be putting 22's on !

My point is that the smaller Edge Sport came with 22's , so IMO the Ex looks better with them .

ba8abefd-db7f-42f2-ba8a-1994a96880b2_zpszvhmji9k.jpg

I have a 2014 Base Black 4wd Explorer. I originally wanted 22inch after market rims yet the price for the tires is almost the same as the rim. Does anyone know if 20's will look to small?
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
As mentioned the Sport comes with 20" wheels as do the Limited and Platinum models. Personally. I would prefer an 18" wheel which would give the tire a little more sidewall. To me a 22" just doesn't look right. But that's just me.

Peter

finally put my wheels on my new 2016
Giovanna Killis 22s

Depending on which size your XLT came with you are either slightly exceeding or greatly exceeding the maximum 3% diameter variance. If yours came with 20" then you are at 3.12% but if it came with 18" then you are over at 4.74%. Larger wheels also put more strain on the brake system. This is primarily why the 3% maximum was put in place.
The 2016 also has a program that you can update with certain tire sizes so that various systems like ABS, TPMS.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3483010&postcount=5
With all the onboard electrical systems, changing wheel/tire sizes isn't just as easy as it once was.

Peter

Does anyone know if the lack 2016 Flex 20 inch black wheels will fit a 2011 XLT? Here is a link to the wheel on Ford's site: [

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I decided on the 20" +35 offset ( just enough poke) Fuel One Piece Assult in Matt black with billet trim. I am riding the original 20"s until they are run out. Love the overall dark look

Back