• Register Today It's free!

Ford Smart Bonus

heygents

Reaction score
City, State
PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
Just saw that Ford has announced a new incentive for the 2016 explorer which is a $1000 Ford Smart Bonus. There doesn't appear to be any details online about what qualifies for this incentive. Does anyone know the details?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The fine print says "Not all buyers qualify for Ford Credit financing, 60 months at $16.67 per month per $1000 financed regardless of down payment. $1000 cash is Ford Credit Bonus Cash and requires Ford Credit financing. Not available on Focus Electric or Fusion Hybrid/Energi. Supply of vehicles with Smart Bonus is limited. See dealer for availability. For all offers, take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 5/31/16. See dealer for qualifications and complete details."

A pop-up appeared offering a $750 Private Cash Offer when I went to Ford's site. Few details on that, too.

Found out from my dealer that the Ford Smart Bonus is only for specific vehicles and is VIN specific.

Just saw that Ford has announced a new incentive for the 2016 explorer which is a $1000 Ford Smart Bonus. There doesn't appear to be any details online about what qualifies for this incentive. Does anyone know the details?

Thanks

Just got back from the dealership specifically because of this. Perhaps blowing out my brake line on my POS Jeep yesterday had something to do with it as well :( lol

The salesman was unfamiliar with it and asked the finance guy. He explained the $1000 incentive is vehicle specific that's based on the age of the vehicle in the lot. In other words, it's supposed to move old vehicles that have been sitting. The numbers guy told me it wouldn't apply to any of their Explorers because those vehicles have quick turnaround. That's pretty much it.

Thanks
Not available on the Canadian site. It offers $500 in manufacturer's rebates plus $750 bonus cash on specific Explorer models.
Probably trying to clear out current 2016 inventory.

Peter

Back