Front park assist recurring error | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front park assist recurring error

[MENTION=286674]Napalm[/MENTION] The issue occurred the day after I drove it back after the third sensor was replaced by the dealer. Like before it gets progressively worse. Now the Park Aid error happens every time I turn my SUV on.
Since this was the third time, I contacted ford support as suggested. The [MENTION=157968]FordService[/MENTION] here did not respond so far.
In any case, as of now, I have contacted the dealer and waiting for an appointment to drop my SUV at their place. I am starting to wonder if am being given the run around and should consider alternate ways to resolve this.

Hi shrekfiona,

The best way to get a hold of us is via the inbox, rather than tagging us. I see in another post you reached out via email and your dealer is working with your CSM. They'll be in the best position to assist.

Have you tried send FordService a PM using their link? They usually monitor more than just these threads.

Peter

Thanks Peter!

Meagan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I sincerely hope that there is another dealership within 100 miles of you. Because those guys would certainly never see me or my Explorer EVER again. If they change another rear sensor, take the SUV and all of the paperwork elsewhere. Please.

Park Aid Sensors

Had the same problem with my 2016 Sport. After three separate attempts, Ford
finally agreed to replace the wiring harness. That was on April 12th, system has been working just fine since last repair.

Had the same problem with my 2016 Sport. After three separate attempts, Ford finally agreed to replace the wiring harness. That was on April 12th, system has been working just fine since last repair.

Which sensors? Did you have front and back both having issues?

I have pointed to the excellent troubleshooting by members here like [MENTION=145598]sheltonfilms[/MENTION], [MENTION=264213]jmr061[/MENTION], [MENTION=286674]Napalm[/MENTION] along with the very similar issue that [MENTION=293416]xerais[/MENTION] had but it did not sound like the service center at the dealership took the details seriously. Seems to me that no one at the dealership or Ford is willing to step back and analyze. I had requested the CSM to take charge and ensure that the dealership fixes the issue properly but the CSM states that the dealer will contact engineering. When I met the Service Director, I was left with the impression that they are hesitating to contact engineering. Meanwhile, me the customer who paid 40K for a new SUV is left hanging without a resolution! Joke going around my neighborhood is that I spend more time on a rental than on my new SUV. Sorry for the rant but it is been very frustrating. I was hoping to own an SUV that will stay with me for at least 100K but now I am scared of hanging on to it past the 36K ford warranty.
[MENTION=28098]chazglenn3[/MENTION] There are a few dealers nearby but I have been driving 30 plus miles to the place I purchased the same because they have had my case history. If it happens again, I will take your advice or most probably consider all available options.
[MENTION=289499]PGK[/MENTION] Glad to hear your SUV is working fine now. Now that we know that we have 3 documented case of people experiencing the exact same issue, it definitely sounds like quality control issues at Fords side.
I will keep everyone updates on how the next week pans out and am hoping optimistically that both Ford and the service center at the dealership fix the issue properly once and for all.

I hope you get it fixed.

If they don't, if you happen to be driving through Alabama I am more than willing to work on it. :)

If they have had it in 4 times and it is still not fixed I'd suggest looking into the lemon law.

I mentioned it to them and shockingly it was fixed within a couple weeks.

reason why they are hesitant.

you are willing to keep bringing it to them. for some 30 minutes of actual work, they charge Ford 2-4 hours of warranty repair on a brand new car.

cha-ching each time you pull up.

Please, please call Ford and complain - Hopefully the ford customer service crew is seeing this thread. and hopefully that dealer and more importantly that shop manager can be "corrected".

it's BS plain and simple.

reason why they are hesitant.

you are willing to keep bringing it to them. for some 30 minutes of actual work, they charge Ford 2-4 hours of warranty repair on a brand new car.

cha-ching each time you pull up.

Please, please call Ford and complain - Hopefully the ford customer service crew is seeing this thread. and hopefully that dealer and more importantly that shop manager can be "corrected".

it's BS plain and simple.

While, I depise shady dealerships as much as the next, warranty work is acutally billed less than shop rate (at least from what I see here in my neck of the woods).

While, I depise shady dealerships as much as the next, warranty work is acutally billed less than shop rate (at least from what I see here in my neck of the woods).

it might be less than shop rate, but when it's bim bam done - it's still profit.

isn't it?

I mean the dealer isn't out anything. tech knocks it out in under book time anyway - and neither the manager nor the tech really "wants" to do the troubleshooting.

happens all the time around here. I admit though, I'm probably more bitter than most.

it might be less than shop rate, but when it's bim bam done - it's still profit.

isn't it?

I mean the dealer isn't out anything. tech knocks it out in under book time anyway - and neither the manager nor the tech really "wants" to do the troubleshooting.

happens all the time around here. I admit though, I'm probably more bitter than most.

Yes, profit nonetheless.
In this scenario, I also lay blame on Ford, as there should be some sort of trial and error "cutoff".

Yes, profit nonetheless.
In this scenario, I also lay blame on Ford, as there should be some sort of trial and error "cutoff".

When I was engineer for Kia, if a customer brought a vehicle in for a 3rd repair attempt, we were in a car or in a plane on the way to the dealer.

If it was close enough we would actually pick the vehicle up and bring it to our plant to repair it.

We did everything in our power to stop a buy back, and if it came down to it we bought it back voluntarily to avoid the lemon law process.

Yes, profit nonetheless.

to be fair I do as well. but I also wonder just how the dealers manage it, IE they could equally be fudging paperwork on both ends.

I mean in my town there's a chevy dealer that's been busted twice as having sold customers repairs with replacement parts and they've not actually fixed the car other than to clear the code and hand it back. like I said I'm skeptical of all of them so I don't trust them to be honest with Ford (or whomever) either.

Park Sensors

Which sensors? Did you have front and back both having issues?

My 2016 Sport had several different front sensor issues. It appears that corrosion had developed on the pins. Not sure why that would happen on a new car. The dealership tried cleaning the sensors but they would still fault within a few days of the repair. Finally, the new hiring harness with new sensors was installed. No problems at this point.

With each repair attempt I requested and received a case number from Ford Customer Service and a Ford customer service rep was involved with the dealer.

built up bumper sits in a warehouse, or worse gets sent to the factory by say train or some such - and gets rained on without proper coverage.

water, rust etc gets in the boxes with the bumper or whatever - and corrodes the terminals.

I could see it, sad though. wonder if it's maybe a new supplier or something?

Got notified by both Ford CSM and the dealer that my SUV is fixed. The service advisor at the dealership wants to test it again overnight. So I will give full details with was done after I pick the SUV tomorrow.
What I know today is that, the replaced one of the already replaced sensors in the front (Think it was the right inner sensor). Am told that they have replaced the front wiring harness as well. Not sure if they contacted Ford Engineers or not (I will ask again tomorrow). I genuinely hope that this fix will finally fix the issue once and for all.
Additionally, I requested a 5 year 100000 mile esp for my protection but am being given the run around by both the dealer and the Ford CSM. Am sure they will blow me away. That being the case, if this issue does reappear I will definitely pursue legal options.

Got my SUV back today. They replaced the same sensor that was replaced on 4/12 along with the wire harness. Details from the receipt below.
hmJW3Fk.jpg

Looks like they finally did the fix that was done for [MENTION=293416]xerais[/MENTION] and [MENTION=289499]PGK[/MENTION] SUV to mine as well. Phew finally!
Also, as anticipated they did blow me off with regards to the extended warranty. Perhaps they have enough loyal Ford owners that they do not care about new ones ;)

Got my SUV back today. They replaced the same sensor that was replaced on 4/12 along with the wire harness. Details from the receipt below.

Looks like they finally did the fix that was done for [MENTION=293416]xerais[/MENTION] and [MENTION=289499]PGK[/MENTION] SUV to mine as well. Phew finally!
Also, as anticipated they did blow me off with regards to the extended warranty. Perhaps they have enough loyal Ford owners that they do not care about new ones ;)

About the ESP, were you looking for Ford to offer it for free, as some sort of goodwill?

Yes something like that. I am sure if I had taken the legal route as opposed to me directly taking it to the dealer every time and waiting patiently for them to fix it (inaccurately), they would have started negotiations at the extended warranty.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes something like that. I am sure if I had taken the legal route as opposed to me directly taking it to the dealer every time and waiting patiently for them to fix it (inaccurately), they would have started negotiations at the extended warranty.

IIRC, there's a member on here that was able to get some sort of warranty extension related to the squealing radiator fans.
It can be done, but appears that an extra boost from the dealership helps.

Back