Moab 2016 | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2016

Kris and I just stopped for the night in farmington, nm. Leaving early in the morning and should arrive in moab early afternoon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Half way across the California desert. Going to drive few more hours before we call it a night. :JP:

Half way across the California desert. Going to drive few more hours before we call it a night. :JP:

Drive safe bud!!

We just crossed into Colorado and are 130 miles from moab. Will be stopping in Hole in the rock for a bit just because we have never been. Should be in moab around 1ish

We made it in safe and sound! Off to tower arch after breakfast!

Made it about 30 miles north of Vegas last night. 3am was getting to close to sunrise :(

Heading back out in a bit here. See you guys soon :JP:

I'm planning on arriving mid to late afternoon. Looking forward to dinner at Moab Brewery if anyone would like to join us. We will check into our camp, then head to Canyonlands RV.

What time are you thinking for moab brewery?

Ugh this is taking longer than I thought (didn't help we left a little later than planned and the wife doesn't feel comfortable driving manual)...still in the Rockies...another 3 hours?

Oh, and [MENTION=71]Rick[/MENTION], Jack is a pure bred mutt...mother was Aussie and father was a Great Dane/pit mix :)

9 hours until Glasken and I head north! :exporange:

We're stopping for breakfast at Jailhouse when we get in town tomorrow AM, then off to Tower Arch if anyone wants to tag along!

Otherwise, see you all on the rocks on Friday!

FYI, there is a group meeting at City Market at 7am tomorrow for Golden Spike, and another group meeting at 8am for an easier trail.

Where are you staying?

Still undecided if I am going to head to Moab after work tomorrow. No one is available to go so would just be me. Could head out with just the Explorer or head down in my car and find an open seat and be spotter / picture taker. Either way would end up sleeping in a vehicle.

Don't forget... Branding Iron tonight at 7pm.:chug:

If you are in Moab and cannot attend please let me know.

Wow!!

What a surprise for Char and I last night. The group did a great job of keeping a secret. We had no idea anything was planned for after dinner.

Char and I are honored and humbled by the support from the group. From the speeches, to the plaque and gift from the group, last night's presentation really made me feel that I created something worthwhile. Not just a forum, but an extended family.

Thank you all for making this forum great!!!:chug::biggthump

DSN_1812_sml.jpg

DSN_1813_sml.jpg

Well, good thing Ieft early. One trailer spare down:thumbdwn:

Attachments

• 20160522_103637.jpg
    20160522_103637.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 172

Deffinately the year of the trailer tire demond.

Yeap, and I just lost that spare too. Made it 200 miles on it into Page, AZ then it started coming apart and lost all the air a block before Walmart. Stuck here now till they reopen in the morning. I'm out of spares now.:roll:

Attachments

• 20160522_183111.jpg
    20160522_183111.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 173

Yeap, and I just lost that spare too. Made it 200 miles on it into Page, AZ then it started coming apart and lost all the air a block before Walmart. Stuck here now till they reopen in the morning. I'm out of spares now.:roll:

Welcome to the Wal-Mart camping club. You're only two hours behind schedule.

Welcome to the Wal-Mart camping club. You're only two hours behind schedule.

Technically I made it farther than I was originally planning for today had I not left early. If I left later, I would be screwed now...or more so. :D

I also changed course 65 miles , knowing I needed to find a tire place, after I lost the first tire. Small towns on Sundays are ghost towns. Unfortunately Walmart tire dept. closed right when I got there. :thumbdwn:

We made it to Tucumcari, New Mexico a couple hours ago without incident, I'm glad our last year trailer tire problems passed to someone else!

I joined the club, did not even know it until I stopped to refuel outside of town

ForumRunner_20160522_214751.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Made it to Mesquite Nevada. So far so good. I love Utah speed limits.

Attachments

• 20160522_144615.jpg
    20160522_144615.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 183

Back