• Register Today It's free!

2016 Foglight Bulb Size...

SilverStallion

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Looking to order LED foglights for my 2017 Ex Sport (on order) but having trouble finding the correct size for the 2016 (which I presume will be the same as the 2017). Thought it was an H10 but can't confirm and the search is not helping.

Can someone assist who has experience with this year?

Thanks in advance.

Darren

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I suspect they will be LED from Ford on a 17 - they were a running change on the Limited this year.

The foglights? I had read in several places that the issue is they do not produce adequate heat and therefore ice up easily.

I am pleased to hear that they may come stock with LED...just surprised.

Darren

My 2016 Sport came with LED fogs from the factory... even though it was another $150.00 (retail)

Awesome to hear! Are they H10? Gong to call my dealer to see if I can add to my order. Otherwise, will get them through my source.

D.

All 2017 MY Explorers that come with fogs will have LED fogs.

Its not a new change, my 2016 XLT has them as well. They are included in the 202A package and above for 2016 models.

However, I do not know the size, but they look great. Definitely a worthy purchase if you are thinking about it.

Its not a new change, my 2016 XLT has them as well. They are included in the 202A package and above for 2016 models.

However, I do not know the size, but they look great. Definitely a worthy purchase if you are thinking about it.
According to the Build & Price program, LED fog lights show as a $150 option on the 2016 XLT, Sport and Limited regardless of which Equipment Group Package you pick.

Peter

Looking to order LED foglights for my 2017 Ex Sport (on order) but having trouble finding the correct size for the 2016 (which I presume will be the same as the 2017). Thought it was an H10 but can't confirm and the search is not helping.

Can someone assist who has experience with this year?

Thanks in advance.

Darren
You can stop your search. according to the 2017 Order Guide;

— LED Fog Lamps are no longer available as a standalone option on XLT, Limited and Sport. Standard on XLT and above.

Peter

Thanks guys! That is great.

D.

The LED's in the 2016+ headlamps and foglamps aren't conventional bulbs but assemblies/panels within the units... unlike halogen set ups in the past.

Back